yramsis
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Bose T20 base distortion

Hi ,

I have a T2O  system , and recently i have noticed distortion in base coming out of the acoustimass module for low frequencies , the distortion is not random , it always happens at the same parts of songs , a small improvement is achieved when i set the music source equalizer to lower the low frequeny gain to the minimum

Thanks , 

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_L

Re: Bose T20 base distortion

Hi yramsis,

As you are only hearing this distortion when the lower frequencies are present, does it sound like the speaker itself is distorting, or does it sound more like a component may be rattling inside the speaker?

Also, as you mentioned this distortion happening at certain points in songs, are you only getting this distortion when listening to music, or does it also happen when watching movies or listening to other sources at all?

The first thing I would recommend doing is making sure all the connections to the Acoustimass are secure and none have come loose at any point. Once you are sure the connections are secure, power cycle the bass module by disconnecting it from power for at least 1 minute, before plugging it back in.

I'd also recommend performing a reset of the T20 console, by following these steps:

1. Turn the control console off
  2. On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off
  3. Release the Power button
  4. Retest the system

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
yramsis
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Yes , it only happens when low frequencies are present and it does sound like a component is rattling 

Would that change your recommendation above 

Thanks 

Yramsis

Keith_L

Thanks for letting me know that yramsis.

If it sounds like a component is rattling, then it would be worth confirming this by disconnecting the sub from power, picking it up, and gently shaking it to see if you still hear this rattling. If there is a loose component then it's likely you will be able to hear it move when you do this.

Should there be a loose component in the bass module, you would need to look into getting it serviced by your local support team. If you give the team a call, they'll be able to help you get this booked in. You can find the contact information for your local support team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
yramsis
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Thanks a lot , 

The problem disappears when I lower low frequency gain in source equalizer , and i it doesn't happen at all in movies