Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2021

Bose TV Speaker & LG 2021 TV

Bose product name - TV Speaker

Country UK

Firmware Version N/K

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on LG TV 2021

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce.  We are connected via HDMI ARC to the TV and auto wake enabled.  The issue we have is whilst the soundbar will wake, it seems that it will not power off with the TV.  Just to clarify, this worked fine with the old LG TV but upon upgrade to a 2021 model it has this issue.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?As above, only problem on new model TV.

Any troubleshooting steps you took - Tried resetting both bar and TV, updated soundbar software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stevectaylor
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2021

Re: Bose TV Speaker & LG 2021 TV

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks guys.  I tried the TV/soundbar off thing already.  However, I think I may have identified the issue.  Albeit time will tell, I suspect another device connected to a separate HDMI slot (either Humax recorder or LG DVD player) was causing a conflict with the HDMI (ARC) connection as since I disconnected them yesterday afternoon the soundbar is so far performing as expected.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Marvin_B

Hi stevectaylor.

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having. I would suggest checking the CEC settings in the menus of your new TV.

Many devices that connect with HDMI feature CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). This lets those devices respond to changes made on other connected HDMI devices (i.e. volume, TV input, channel, etc.). While this is often a convenient feature, it can occasionally cause issues between different brands and models. Check the menus of the devices connected with HDMI and try adjusting the CEC settings, then check for improvement. (Tip: Depending on the brand, CEC may be referred by a different name in the device menu).

If you need help with this, try contacting your TV manufacturer support for guidance.

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
stevectaylor
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2021

Thank you.  I tried that but no change.  I have changed from HDMI connection (removed cable) to optical and same issue exists.

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Steve. 

Can you please confirm exactly which LG TV you have? Can you please also let us know what CEC settings you have available to you on this TV? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
stevectaylor
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2021

Hi,

It is the new LG OLED55G16LA (2021) and has Smartlink as it's CEC.  It default to auto on when you connect the Soundbar and select HDMI ARC as sound output.  I know the speaker is OK as it work perfectly OK on our older LG TV but seems to have a comparability issue with this new one and will randomly cut out sound or sometimes change to TV output.

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying, 

I would recommend trying a HDMI reset to refresh the connection between the soundbar and the TV. You can do this via following these steps: 

1. Turn off the soundbar and the TV and unplug both from power.
  2. Leave both devices unplugged for at least 3 minutes. 
  3. After 3 minutes plug the soundbar into power but leave your TV unplugged.
  4. Once the soundbar stops pulsing white, press the TV icon on your soundbar remote. 
  5. Now plug your TV into power, turn on and test for audio. 

Let me know how you get on with this. 

stevectaylor
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2021

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks guys.  I tried the TV/soundbar off thing already.  However, I think I may have identified the issue.  Albeit time will tell, I suspect another device connected to a separate HDMI slot (either Humax recorder or LG DVD player) was causing a conflict with the HDMI (ARC) connection as since I disconnected them yesterday afternoon the soundbar is so far performing as expected.

View solution in original post

Liam_G

That's great news! I'm glad to hear that you have figured out what was potentially causing the issue Steve and thank you for sharing it with us. 

If you continue to have issues with the TV speaker, please feel free to message us again. 

Have a great day!