Aiboman
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Bose TV Speaker and Amazon fire stick sound problem

hi everyone,

My old Bose solo sound bar eventually broke after  many years of excellent service , I’ve just purchased a new Bose TV speaker as it’s replacement, and why I’m am very happy with it I have an annoying problem when using my Amazon fire stick 4K with the Bose TV speaker 

the issue I’m having is while watching a film via Netflix, Amazon prime video or Disney + via the fire stick , randomly I will very briefly lose sound , the video is still playing but the sounds cuts out just for a brief moment, sometimes you can be over an hour into a film before it starts doing it and other times it can do it after only 15 mins or so , but generally it’s random but when it starts it then does  it all the time , the sound will come back on its own 

Now I will say it’s only when playing a film via the fire stick , when watching SKY TV or a blu ray film it’s never misses a beat , it never did it with the old solo soundbar 

So I borrowed a friends fire stick , his is just the basic fire stick lite and it does not do it at when using his , so I thought my fire stick must be faulty so I purchased a new 4K version and have just tried that and it’s doing the same thing as my original fire stick , if I use his one again it’s fine so  really don’t think it’s a fire stick problem, the problem started the day I swapped out he soundbar 

so my original fire stick has the intermittent sound loss problem and a brand new 4K fire stick has the same problem but a 3rd lite version of the fires stick works absolutely fine ,

does anyone have any idea as to what might be going on ?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 

It just does not make any sense , 

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Bose TV Speaker and Amazon fire stick sound problem

Hey Aiboman, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'll be more than happy to help you with the issue with your firestick. Can you tell me where you have the firestick connected? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Aiboman
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Hi and thanks for the reply

I originally used a optical cable to connect the soundbar to my TV but I’ve now also tried a HDMI cable , but I still have the problem with the sound just cutting out for a split second 

if I don’t use the soundbar and just use my TV’s speakers the sound never skips , as I mention in my original post I thought it must be my fire stick after loaning one and finding out it never did it with that one , but my new one is the same as my old one, and there is no pattern to it you could be 2 hours into a 3 hour film and it suddenly start playing up and then others times it will start after only 15 mins or so  , it’s all very strange 

so just to clarify if I use the fire stick with the sound bar disconnected the sound is absolutely fine but when I use the soundbar it will repeatedly lose sound but only for a second 

Dave 

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Do you find the issue also occurs if you use a different Television in the setup? 

Have you checked and compared the audio output settings on the Fire sticks to see if there are any differences between the devices? 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Aiboman
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Unfortunately I don’t have another TV to try it with , and yes all 3 fire sticks have the exact same sound settings 

Jeff_G

I understand. 

Are you using a smart TV? Are there any built in apps for Netflix/Disney+ that you could test? 

There are no reported known issues at this time with the TV Speaker so it's difficult to determine what seems to be happening with these drop outs. If the problem is only occurring with the Fire sticks I'd be unable to confirm if exchanging/repairing the system would resolve the problem or if you will experience the same issues.

If any other members of the Community are experiencing similar issues, please join in the discussion.