Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Bose and IQ4 compatibility

Bose product name  135 Lifestyle

Country  Australia

I have contacted Bose and they said my Lifestyle 135 not being 4K is not compatible with IQ4. They have had people complaining about this.

Have you heard of this? Should I use optical lead to get around this issue with sound?

6 REPLIES 6
NeonsNight
Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose and IQ4 compatibility

@Jammo1 wrote:

Bose product name  135 Lifestyle

Country  Australia

I have contacted Bose and they said my Lifestyle 135 not being 4K is not compatible with IQ4. They have had people complaining about this.

Have you heard of this? Should I use optical lead to get around this issue with sound?

I've told you what to do in your previous posts. Just read what is written here and decide what you want to do. Optical is listed as one of the options 🤷‍♂️ 

• If you don't want 4K, go with "Option 0" knowing you will miss out on a more detailed image for the ease of use and simplicity of not doing anything.
  • if you want to connect everything to the TV and use optical, then go for "Option 1". Knowing you might only get stereo sound.
  • if you can split the video and audio on your device then maybe go for "Option 2" knowing that you might miss out uncompressed audio from some devices.
  • If you want the best sound and video possible, go for "Option 3".
  • if you have a dealer locally that will offer you a trade-in, go for "Option 4"
  • If you want to replace what you currently own, go for "Option 5".

You have to have your own agency in this matter. Make your own choices by reading what each option offers in that post. Make your own decision on what you like then go for it. We can't make it for you, we can only inform you what to do. 

Everything you need to know is in that post. Yet, if this doesn't work for you. Then your earlier post saying you might have to pay for an installer is probably the best thing you can do. Though I would make sure you get your money out of them and tell them to have them set up "Option 3" for you.

Good luck.

Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Contacted Bose and they don't recommend using 135 with IQ4 - using optical could work but then I could not see IQ channels using IQ$ remote etc etc

Too hard - you guys really didn't help so I took I returned IQ$ and stick with IQ3 which is all compatible!

NeonsNight
Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Jammo1 wrote:

Contacted Bose and they don't recommend using 135 with IQ4 - using optical could work but then I could not see IQ channels using IQ$ remote etc etc

Too hard - you guys really didn't help so I took I returned IQ$ and stick with IQ3 which is all compatible!

I don't work for Bose, just trying to help during my time off. I put a lot of research into that and other posts similar to that and they have helped quite a lot of people so far.

Sometimes you've gotta make decisions on what you want to do and how much effort you want to put into things yourself. People on the internet can only do so much. In the end, what you do and how much time you put into a task is up to you.

We can only advise and give you your options, you have to act 🤷‍♂️

Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

I asked for definite step by step help and nothing was provided - I am not a tekkie like you - just a simple user - all too hard to connect - Bose were very good - even they use IQ3 with Bose - optical output would have lost control of my Bose remote control!

Suggest you walk in my shoes and be a little understanding to normal consumers without technical knowledge

NeonsNight
Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Jammo1 wrote:

I asked for definite step by step help and nothing was provided - I am not a tekkie like you - just a simple user - all too hard to connect - Bose were very good - even they use IQ3 with Bose - optical output would have lost control of my Bose remote control!

Suggest you walk in my shoes and be a little understanding to normal consumers without technical knowledge

I cannot walk you through it without you stating what you want to do or making decisions on your own. I pointed out in that post that a universal remote is best in these situations, though you are correct that would mean you would not use the Bose one but a different remote. So all the other options would mean that you would have to spend some money to get the ease of use you had before 4K.

I do understand your situation as I have been where you are. It took me reading what the best setup was and reading manuals for me to actually understand what was going on. After I read a lot and tried it out and made a lot of mistakes. I learnt from them. Then I decided I would give back and help others. That's why I've helped many people with these posts and helped them by giving them options for their installation so they know what is possible. I've also done similar things with other situations in real life. Yet, we can only do so much online.

I've never heard of that cable box before you brought it up. Yet using Option 1/2/3 should all be the same, plug HDMI into TV or HDMI splitter then have audio out sent to the receiver. Though if you want to keep your Bose remote to control everything only Option 0 would do that. 

Doing this via an online forum does not seem to match your specific wants or needs and is not really what you were looking for. We don't have your hands or eyes to see and hear what's going on. You want specific hold you by the hand service with custom-tailored installation instructions to tell you without thinking what to do and that is why I said earlier contacting Bose tech over the phone or your suggestion of having an installer do it would be best for you 🤷‍♂️

But you've made your choice, you went with "Option 0", and that was a perfectly fine choice to make. The choice was always yours to do just that.

Good luck and enjoy your system 🙂

Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Thanks for your detailed response.

There is not enough 4K content to warrant a major change and expense. When I spoke to Bose, they did say they were having problems feeding 4 K into a 1080 system and they use what I have - 1080 Bose being fed by 1080 IQ3. Only difference is I have 4KTV - and that's fine.

I am happy I have returned the IQ4 back to Foxtel and don't have to change anything - and can sleep better without any more googling.

** Thank you for your input - and keep up the good work - did not know it was voluntry.

Stay Safe!