Buddymink
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

Bose lifestyle 28 series III subwoofer

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose lifestyle 28 series III subwoofer, Acoustimass

Country

US

Firmware Version

N/A

App Version

N/A

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
N/A

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

My old Bose was working fine until a few weeks ago, the volume got stucked and not controllable through the remote. I checked the remote and media player/receiver and even replaced the media player with another used one but this time worse, there wasn't any sound that came out. I checked all the cables and they seem fine. However, the back of the acoustimass subwoofer has the amber light flashing in steady pace. I know the system is telling me something wrong but couldn't find out what that light means. Is it time to replace the subwoofer? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Living room - quiet

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

3 weeks ago, Yes it worked fine before.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Replaced media player, replaced fiber optic cable, changed remote battery, reset media player and subwoofer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Bose lifestyle 28 series III subwoofer

Author Accepted Answer selected by Buddymink

That's great! Thank you for all this great information. 

Firstly, I'd like to get a better understanding of what's going on with your bass. Can you take a look at the LINK HERE, and let me know what you see on the bass? This will help to determine what kind of troubleshooting I recommend. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff_G

Hi Buddymink, 

Thanks for posting. 

To give the Community a better understanding of your issue, please complete the provided form and enter as much information as possible. We'll look forward to assisting you when we understand more! 😊

Thanks.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Buddymink
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

I guess what I wrote didn't get saved. So I edited the post and it should have all the details. Thank you 😀

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by Buddymink

That's great! Thank you for all this great information. 

Firstly, I'd like to get a better understanding of what's going on with your bass. Can you take a look at the LINK HERE, and let me know what you see on the bass? This will help to determine what kind of troubleshooting I recommend. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

View solution in original post

Buddymink
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

Hi Jessie,

I had checked out the link you sent me before posting my question here. I wish it would list the type of problem I’m having. The bass in the back wash flashing amber light in a steady slow pace. It doesn’t have any other color, it’s just amber light. This type of issue isn’t on one the list on the page.

Vicky_W

@Buddymink, thanks for confirming that for us. It sounds like the Digital signal is not present. This could be caused by a damaged or improperly seated audio input cable, or it could indicate a hardware problem in either the Lifestyle console or bass module. It may be that your green LED is no longer working. Could you please double check the cables for me please?

Buddymink
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

Hi vicky,

I wanted to give you an update. So I decided to replace the audio cable and now it worked perfectly, The light changes to green and the speaker is now working fine. Thanks for your help!