Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Bose lifestyle 38 - 5.1 not working with streaming content

I have Bose lifestyle 38 system and Samsung 65" TV.

I connected Optical cable to send audio to Bose and  sound coming out from Bose. But when I stream 5.1 channel movie, I don't hear the 5.1 audio coming out. I hear only center speaker. I tried couple Audio setting in TV (only avaialble options) - PCM, Dolby Neo 2:5. No difference.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Bose lifestyle 38 - 5.1 not working with streaming content

Hello haripopuri,

Thank you for posting, I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, does the lifestyle system give you full 5.1 audio from other sources? Or does it just play form the centre channel from other sources as well?

Also, which streaming services have we tried on the TV? Does it do the same for all of them, or just one particular service?

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

it gives full 5.1 audio when I play DVD from media center (device part of lifestyle system). It doesn't convert properly only when it is receiving audio from TV over optical cable.

I tried couple streaming services, Disney + and Amazon. All of them are same.

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi haripopuri,

Thank you for letting us know that. It is strange that it only seems to have this issue with the TV.

Are the streaming services being played from apps on the TV? Or are they on a streaming device like an Amazon Fire or Chromecast?

Also, what model TV are we using? we may need to look at some further settings on there as well.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Are the streaming services being played from apps on the TV? - YES

Also, what model TV are we using? - SAMSUNG 6 SERIES (UN65KU630DF)

Highlighted

Hello haripopuri, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you already tried changing the speaker modes on the Lifestyle system?

To change the speaker mode using the system display, follow these steps:

1. The system must be playing audio
  2. Press the Settings button on the Lifestyle system remote
  3. Press the down arrow to select the speaker mode
  4. Press the right arrow
  5. Press the up or down arrows, to change the number of speakers that will play
    1. 2 – This will allow audio to play only from the left and right front speakers
    2. 3 – This will allow audio to play only from the left and right front and the center channel speakers
    3. 5 Audio – This will allow audio to play through all 5 speakers. However, the sound will be optimized for music sources. I.e. CD, mp3 etc.
    4. 5 Video – This will allow audio to play through all 5 speakers. However, the sound will be optimized for video soundtracks. I.e. Movies

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I did reset system and ran AdaptiQ calibration and did the setup to use "5-video". Now I hear sound from surround speakers. But not hearing difference between front and background sounds. All speakers playing all sounds at a time.

Hi Haripopuri, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

It's great to hear you are now hearing audio from the rear speakers but I'm sorry to learn the issue is not fully resolved. 

Have you checked the settings on the TV to make sure the output is set to 5.1 Dolby Digital? You mentioned Dolby Neo 2.5 in your original post which is essentially just a standard stereo mix. I'd encourage you to change back to PCM or Dolby Digital if your television allows for it. I would also recommend checking your media sources. Individual apps (e.g services like Netflix) may have additional audio options that you can modify to get the best audio output. Connected smart boxes may also feature audio output adjustments which is something to consider. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G