Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

Bose lifestyle 600 remote no longer controls TV

We have had our Bose system for nearly 5 years. We have never had this problem until a about 6 months ago. Occasionally, our toddler will pick up the remote, press some magical button(s) and the remote will no longer control the TV. We (in the past 6 or so times) were able to just pretend to be a toddler and press random buttons and it would somehow start working again. We have no clue what button(s) cause the problem, or what button(s) repairs it. This time we cannot seem to get the combination of random pressing right. We have restarted the system, disconnected (and reconnected) the power. But, it in past it was always fixed by the remote itself not the console. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose lifestyle 600 remote no longer controls TV

Hello @Btarleton23,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your remote, and would be happy to point you in the right direction!

Where this remote has disconnected and stopped controlling the TV, I would recommend that you try the following:

1) Check to see if the Bose system remote controls the Bose system. If the remote does not control the Bose system (as this would be different to the times before as you mentioned) please let me know!

2) Check the batteries on the remote, and ensure that this hasn't run flat by accident!

3) Press the "Setup" button on the remote and navigate to "TV Remote Setup" and run setup once more to ensure this is paired.

If you have done this and are still experiencing issues, or have any issues with the above please get back to me so I can assist further!

I hope this helps!

Liam_W - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

Batteries are good, remote works fine with Bose system. The remote does not have a "setup" button labeled. Could i find it by a picture on the remote?

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming that. 

Is this the remote control that you have?

lifestyle 600 remote.PNG

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

Mine does not have "setup" written on the botton on the far bottom left, it has a dash instead. And the screen is smaller. 

Highlighted

No problem. It appears that you have the RC-X35L Remote. 

rc-x35l.PNG

This would suggest that you have a different system but not to worry, the following steps will run through a slightly different programming process:

1) Turn on the TV

2) Select the TV video input that connects to the Lifestyle?system control console

3) On the control console, press Setup

4) On the remote, press Down to highlight "[Source] setup"

5) Press OK

6) Press Down to highlight "Set up the remote"

7) Press OK and follow the on-screen instructions

Give this a go and get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

When I press setup on the console and the down arrow, it does not have any on screen instructions.... nothing happens. The remote says to see TV.
Highlighted

This is correct. You should have a connection from your console into the TV that will show your System Settings on the TV Screen.

Check which source you have your console plugged into and navigate to it on your TV.

If you need any help with this, get back to me.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

I have it connected to the optical "Digital Audio Out" i do not see it as an option under my sources for the TV. My husband plugged it all up, I now assume is it supposed to have another cable to display options on the TV? 

Highlighted

On the back of your Control Console, you should see 'HDMI OUT Video to TV'. This will allow you to display your Bose System Settings on your TV. Then you will be able to perform the steps advised above to programme your remote.

console to tv.PNG

If you're having trouble doing this, let me know and I will be able to assist further.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G