RiadSKL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Bose lifestyle 600 voices muffled

Hi 

I have a bose lifestyle 600 connected to a video projector by hdmi. 

I have an issue with voices that are muffled. Background sounds and music are ok. 

Same issue with adaptiq as the instructions can't be understood, it's very muffled. 

Voices output is in the subwoofer. 

The only solution I found works only with my raspberry pi device, and it's by putting the center parameter to - 7.

It's doesn't work with other devices (ps4 or Amazon fire).

Is there anything I can do to solve the problem? Already done the reset procedure, I still have the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose lifestyle 600 voices muffled

Hi RiadSKL, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the sound from your LifeStyle 650 system. I will do all I can to assist you!

Can you tell me if you have this issue across all sources? 

I would recommend trying to plug one of our other speakers into the Center channel slot. This may be a bit fiddly as it will require you to remove and readd the bare wire connection, but this should help us pinpoint where your issue is. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Another Dave
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Re: Bose lifestyle 600 voices muffled

Depending on the program, most of the voice comes thru the central channel.   Check the wiring to the central speaker.   I had a similar problem and found the connection to the central speaker was loose.      Good Luck