Vivek A
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Bose lifestyle 650 Bass module not working

Hey Y’all 

Bose lifestyle 650 bass module is not getting connected to the console. Iam using it on the wireless mode. The system was working fine for the last 9 months in the same position (wireless and same location of the bass module) however now from the last 1 month there’s no sound from the bass module. When switched on The bass module gives out a amber light, white light and no light for approximately 3 seconds each in sequence. 
Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sawarrren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Re: Bose lifestyle 650 Bass module not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Vivek A

Hello 

I have recently the same problem. My subwoofer no longer connects. I have reset as instructed, the subwoofer has not moved from its original location and previously has no problems. It powers on but does not connect, in setup the subwoofer cannot be found either. The device LED is orange then white then red then nothing for about 8 seconds then the same sequence. Can you support please? I have messaged the WhatsApp service and called but I cannot get through they all out to the online CS support. Thanks 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Tegan_M

Hello Vivek A, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I am sorry that your Lifestyle 650 bass module does not appear to be working. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

With the LED sequence you are experiencing, are the lights blinking between each color or are they solid?

I would also suggest that you reboot your bass module. 

• Unplug the bass module power cord from the power outlet.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the bass module power cord.
  • Wait 15 seconds for the bass module to power up and reconnect.

Do let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Vivek A
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Dear Tegan,

I tried it all including resetting the system to factory settings, nothing worked I then called the call center and had to take the Bass module and the control module to the Bose stores. 
bit disappointed with the LS. 650, the other Systems like the  cinemate 130 seem to work flawlessly. The system is just over 9 months old, let’s wait and see what the issue is.

however, does the control module communicate with the Bass module over WiFi ? Or is this a Bluetooth signal ?

thanks 

Hector_B

Hey Vivek A, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to read that the steps that were suggested above did not resolve this for you. 

The systems will communicate with each other over a Wi-Fi connection rather than a Bluetooth connection. Please do update us on your contact with the team and what the issue is. 

If you have any other questions about your Lifestyle 650 system please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Vivek A
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hello Hector

the issue was eight the software update for the bass module which was promptly done by the service team, although I had to get the control unit and the bass unit to the service center, it’s finally settled and good to go.

thanks

Vivek

Vivek A
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hello Hector 

I received the system from the Bose stores after “repair & software update” & this worked for few hours and then I have same issue. The bass module is just disconnecting with the same light sequence.

I called Bose stores again but this does not seem to solve anything!

Iam so frustrated after spending so much and within the first 9 months of purchase this happens. I hope Bose store changes the Base module for me because it’s just not working, and here we are going around in circles.

I have Bose cinemate 130 but this never gives any such issues

I don’t know where I can get help from.

thanks,

vivek

Vivek A
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

ok so the Bose service team finally came over to have a look themselves and have taken the unit for repairs in addition I have been provided with an demo unit till the original unit gets repaired. hopefully everything goes well.

Sawarrren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Vivek A

Hello 

I have recently the same problem. My subwoofer no longer connects. I have reset as instructed, the subwoofer has not moved from its original location and previously has no problems. It powers on but does not connect, in setup the subwoofer cannot be found either. The device LED is orange then white then red then nothing for about 8 seconds then the same sequence. Can you support please? I have messaged the WhatsApp service and called but I cannot get through they all out to the online CS support. Thanks 

View solution in original post

Vivek A
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Take the system to Bose service and they have to reload the software on the Bass module.

Sawarrren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Thanks vivek , in the current environment do we know when a service provider would be available for the future or can they do this remotely?