Highlighted
Lee Weng Keong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Bose music apps cannot adjust soundbar volume

My Bose music cannot adjust soundbar volume level. Please advise.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Bose music apps cannot adjust soundbar volume

Hi Lee Weng Keong, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Volume adjustment inside the app, however I would love to help you with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the Bose Music App, if you are using Spotify please ensure that you don't have both Spotify and the Bose Music App open. A product reset may also help the Soundbar resync with the Application, this can be performed via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Please update us on the results of these steps.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Lee Weng Keong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I don't have Spotify installed. I tried the rest as suggested but still don't work.
I re-install the apps does not help either.
The main volume is adjustable but not the center, treble
Highlighted

Hello Lee Weng Keong, 

Thank you for trying these steps for us.

Would you be able to let us know what firmware version your Soundbar is on? This can be found within the product settings of your Bose Music App, as well as ensuring your App is also up to date. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Lee Weng Keong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Firmware ver: 4.0.8-6566+a79e183
Bose music apps ver:1.7.3
For your information, I also tried using download music app in iPhone but the result is the same.
maljudy17
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Bose music app also lost bass adjustmennt 

Highlighted
Lee Weng Keong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I just setup the subwoofer base module, the base level cannot be adjusted too. It is a disappointing experience so far after paying a premium price for bose soundbar. I should have bought sonos or Samsung instead. Already a week past and yet no proper advise or a local bose rep to assist to resolve the issue. Really frustrating and bad experience encounter with bose.
Highlighted

Hello @maljudy17 and @Lee Weng Keong

This is a known issue that is currently being worked on to get resolved. When using the Bose Music App with a Soundbar and Home Speaker, the audio adjustments are labeled incorrectly. The “Speaker Level” slider adjusts the bass level and not the speaker level. Conversely, when a Bass Module is connected to a Soundbar, the "Bass" slider adjusts the speaker level and not the bass.

The sliders work correctly in terms of adjusting audio, only the labels are incorrect.

This will be resolved in an upcoming software update. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G