Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2019

Bose remote back button does not work with TV apps

My bose universal remote back button does not work with apps such as netflix or prime video. I have to exit out of the app completely and get back in to see the home screen.
TV: Vizio
Soundbar: BOSE solo 5
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

Re: Bose remote back button does not work with TV apps

Hi Ajoshi, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I would recommend unpairing the remote from the TV and clearing the remote codes and repairing it to the TV, you can clear the remote codes via:

• On the remote control, press and hold a source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. The button that was held remains glowing
  • On the number keypad, enter 981. The source buttons flash to confirm

To repair the remote I would recommend checking out this video.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2019

Hi Hector,
Thanks for that but the button still doesn’t work I have to use the exit button as there is no other way to back and this means exiting the app altogether
Highlighted

Thanks for updating me on this @Ajoshi

If this didn't resolve the issue this means that the remote isn't compatible with the app. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Similar issues with a Virgin Media Tivo V6 in that the buttons do not "align" with the intended function.

Virgin Tivo V6 has a Home button but you need to use the Bose Menu button.

Virgin Tivo V6 has a return button but the Bose remote button is non functional with the Tivo and the only way to return is to press the Guide button twice to return to the picture.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Bose Solo 5 Universal Remote

Programmed to: Samsung Smart TV using Samsung Code: 0060

I am discovering that my Bose Universal remote has the exact same problem with the "BACK" button. I got it programmed according to the instructions and it functions for everything else but the "BACK" button. I went through and cleared codes and reloaded the remote but still cannot use the "BACK" button. It's not just in apps like Vudu and Amazon Prime. This button doesn't work at all for my Samsung TV in any areas. I'm bummed there is no fix, I will have to return the system. 

Thanks for looking into it. Saved me a lot of headache trying to fix it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2018

back button does not work me neither with samsung smart tv, and bose does not bother to fix this. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

I have the same issue with my Samsung TV and Bose Soundbar 300. I hope Bose understands that by "Back" not working we mean a button to return to the previous menu in apps. The left button on the Up Down Left Right work fine. Just to navigate. We need a back button as this is one of the most used keys and the Samsung TV market should justify it. Sucks to have to exit all the way out just to start again. This is a big issue in the new Disney+ app. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Same Same!  I am forced to use my Samsung remote ONLY for the back button.  The button is on the remote, how can Bose not make it function normally?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Dear Moderators,

Similar threads to this have been archived over the past 2 years for the same problem--the back button doesn't work with the Apps on different TVs--and all of the threads ended with no solution by Bose.  I have seen no solution nor an attempt by Bose to allow their remote to be a truly universal remote--the back button is critical in TV App use.  This is especially important with Bose Solo because it does not have an ACR HDMI channel for the TV to have to control the sound bar.  I am working with a Brand New Solo Sound Bar and a brand new Samsung QLED series 7.   Are we missing a Bose the solution or will we have to stick with two remotes--one for the sound bar to control the volume and one universal remote that can control everything except the soundbar? 

Thank you!