Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Re: Bose remote back button does not work with TV apps

I just reported this shortcoming to customer support today. My more than five-year-old Sanyo TV remote controls all the apps on my brand new Amazon Fire TV stick, so there should be no reason why Bose can’t add Back navigation to a “universal” remote.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Funny as I just got a fire stick for my old TV and it works great. My main Samsung TV though no luck. I get that they want to push this on Samsung but all we need is button on the remote to act as a back button. Only app that has worked out the shortcomings is the Amazon Video app. Good luck and hope we see something soon in 2020.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Hi,

I have the same issue with a recent Samsung 4K TV and I've seen that this problem has been reported since 2016. Is it possible that after three years there is still no solution?

My Bose Solo 5 works great, but it's really frustrating having to use two different remotes, one only for the return button. Couldn't a firmware update with a new mapping just solve this issue?

Hope this 2020 will bring some luck. 🙂

Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Tv 4K Samsung , Bose solo tv 5. Everything work except back. So frustrating 

Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

So I have figured a way to solve the back button on Netflex, my TV is a sumsung TV (model UA49MU6300JXZK) not sure if it works on other apps and other TV though. 

So when u r playing a movie on Netflex, normally you will press the back button to return to the movie menu, then if you want to go to main menu you press back button again. You can now press the 'stop' button (the square button) to return to the movie menu, then u can press the 'left arrow' button (the one next to the 'OK' button) to return to the main menu, without closing the app! 

Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

I, too, have suffered with lack of a back button on the nose remote. This, combined with ARC HDMI problems that do not allow my Samsung remote to control my nose basically guarantee I am regularly using two remotes. But here is a decent workaround! I just bought a $10 remote on amazon and it solved both problems. Now I have volume and back button and all tv functionality on one remote. Some of the more bose-specific functionality will still require the nose remote but that stuff is once in a while so not too bad. Back button is still needed fix, but hope this helps someone. GE Universal Remote Control. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XH5DWXG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BfoSEbX1PE3A0

Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Wow, 

I guess Bose do not have world class products.  I am having the same issue with my “universal” remote.   A UNIVERSAL remote can’t handle a most basic function like going back on a leading app like amazon prime.  What does it say about a company when they drop the ball like this.  Maybe look elsewhere when purchasing electronics.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

First BOSE purchase, Solo 5 bar. Really, really annoying that they don't listen to feedback from the community that they created to sort out problems and aid product development. I'm probably a little bit OCD but the non-functioning back button will persistently irritate me. Given that they have not got this sorted after all of this time, I would have preferred a very simple, small and discreet on/off/volume/bass etc remote control in the box rather than the brick which they have supplied and which I must use alongside my existing TV remote to control the volume because most of my viewing is app based. Should have paid the extra and gone with Sonos! BOSE, if anybody reads this, I've just registered my product, so please feel free to contact me with a solution. I look forward to hearing from you.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Can we please get a response on this issue? Is it unfixable? Everything but my back button works.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

Bose remote back button does not work with TV apps

Just bought this product and went through like 10 topics of everyone complaining about broken mapping on the back button. Wow wish I saw this before I bought this **bleep**, immediately returning I am not going to play with two remotes just to use the **bleep** back button. Bose amazing sound, **bleep** software and firmware is what its looking like.