Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mac007
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Bose remote mute and option buttons not working

I have a Bose Lifestyle V25. The mute button and the option (more) button on the remote are not functioning anymore.
Rest all the buttons are working well and the led flickers when they are pressed. 
But the mute and the option (more) button when pressed, the led on the console does not flicker. 
I did a factory reset of the remote but it did not help. 
I updated the Bose console with the latest software too but the buttons still do not work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose remote mute and option buttons not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mac007

@Mac007 Thanks for trying that! At this point, I'd have to recommend seeking a replacement remote. You can do this by contacting local customer support here - Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Hey Mac007,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're noticing an issue with your V25 remote, but I'd be happy to advise. If these buttons are the only ones that are not functioning, this could be highlighting an issue with the remote. Have you tried inserting new batteries, or performing a console factory reset, by trying the following?

1. Power off your system
  2. On the back of the system console, disconnect the power cord
  3. On the front of the system console, simultaneously press and hold the Source and the Volume - buttons and, while holding them, reconnect the power cord
  4. Continue holding the buttons until the Bose logo appears twice on the TV screen

Let me know if these steps improve things at all.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Mac007
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Hello, 

I did a system reset but that did not solve the problem. I changed the remote batteries but the problem still persists. 
You were right, the problem is with the remote. I tried to press the button very hard and they both worked. 
is there any way to fix this issue? May be there is accumulation of carbon?

Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mac007

@Mac007 Thanks for trying that! At this point, I'd have to recommend seeking a replacement remote. You can do this by contacting local customer support here - Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

Mac007
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Thank you for all the help.