Highlighted
rajaram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Bose solo 5 does not play sound via USB

I have connected Bose Solo 5 Via Optical Cable to My Samsung TV  (Model Samsung 40J5100).
If i play Movies via USB it doesn't play sound, but i can able to hear sound via Setup box. 
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bose solo 5 does not play sound via USB

Hello rajaram,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble listening to audio from your connected device through your Solo 5 Soundbar. 

To confirm, are you able to hear audio through your TV speakers when playing from your USB? If you are unsure, could you please change the audio output settings to TV speakers and test this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

rajaram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Yes, i can able to hear audio through your TV speakers when playing from your USB.

Only through i can't able to hear via Solo 5

Hello rajaram,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

It is possible that there is a specific audio setting for USB playback on the TV which may need to be routed to the optical out. Could you please check the sound settings for this?

Alternatively, it just seems that the USB is not transmitting a signal. It would be great to clarify this by running a small diagnostic. Select the USB source as you would and play your movie. 

To enter diagnostic mode:

With the system on, press and hold the Mute button on the remote for 6 seconds. (Note: The system LED flashes after 3 seconds indicating Dialog Mode on/off; continue holding mute for an additional 3 seconds until the LED changes again, indicating Diagnostic Mode.) Release the button and determine the LED blink pattern.

• The LED blinked alternately red and green quickly: audio signal detected
  • The LED blinked red quickly: no audio signal detected
  • The LED is solid red: digital zeros received

Please get back to me with the results of this test.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

rajaram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Hai Charlotte,

I have checked that there is No specific audio setting for USB playback on the TV which may need to be routed to the optical out.

I have done the sound diagnostics and get the following result. 

==>The LED blinked alternately red and green quickly: audio signal detected.

But still the issue is not solved. 

Give me the alternate solution ASAP.

Regards,

Rajaram

Hi Rajaram,

Thanks for getting back to us, I am very sorry to hear that this issue persists. 

Do the audio files on your USB work whilst connected to other devices? 

I would also recommend in performing a reset of your Solo 5. You can do this by the following instruction. 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

rajaram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Hai Tegan,

Yes i have already tried the MP3 files. It's not working. Also, i have done the reset instructions as mentioned below.

Give me the proper solutions, i didn't expect this from you people. Very worst service.

Regards,

Rajaram

Hello rajaram,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand that this is frustrating for you and I will do my best to help you out. Can you please confirm that you have the USB connected to the TV not the Soundbar? Have you been able to view videos from USB on your TV in the past? What TV make and model do you have?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

rajaram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Hai Zoe,

I Have connected the USB in the TV and i can able to view and hear the video via my TV Speaker and my TV Model is  Samsung 40J5100. 

Regards,

Rajaram. 

Hello rajaram,

Thanks for your prompt response, I would recommend looking into the settings of the TV in regards to sound settings, as it might be that when you have the USB source connected that you need to de-select TV speakers. As this is a third-party component that you are using with the Soundbar we cannot guarantee that they are compatible. 

I would encourage Community members to offer their suggestions and advice.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C