Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

Bose solo 5 no sound

When connecting my soundbar to the tv there is no sound. I’ve tried unplugging and waiting at least a minute. I’ve also tried reprogramming the remote to the TV source but nothing is working. The sound works fine when connected to my phone using bluetooth but the TV sound does not work
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Bose solo 5 no sound

Hello sambaquir,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry that you are having issues with your Solo 5 not working. We would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Is this the first time you have connected your Solo 5 to your TV? What TV are you connecting to? And how have you connected your soundbar to your TV? 

I would firstly recommend attempting using a different connection between your Soundbar and TV.

Please get back to us we would love to get this fixed!

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

This is not the first time connecting to my TV. In fact, I’ve never ran into issues until suddenly a couple days ago. Nothing has changed and it just randomly stopped working with the TV. The type of TV I have is a Sony X800G Series. The connection between the TV and the soundbar is the cord that was provided with the soundbar.

Hello sambaquir, 

That is certainly strange. 

I would like you to perform a really simple diagnostics test to indicate if the Soundbar is receiving an audio signal from the TV.

With the system on, press and hold the Mute button on the remote for 6 seconds. (Note: The system LED flashes after 3 seconds indicating Dialog Mode on/off; continue holding mute for an additional 3 seconds until the LED changes again, indicating Diagnostic Mode.) Release the button and determine the LED blink pattern.

• The LED blinked alternately red and green quickly
  • The LED blinked red quickly
  • The LED is solid red

Also, do you have an AUX cable to temporarily test connecting your soundbar to your TV?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

Hi, so I tried an AUX cable and it still did not work. When I did the diagnostics test the LED light was blinking red.

Hello Sambaquir, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The red blinking light indicates there is no audio signal being fed from the TV. 

I would recommend trying the following: 

- Unplug the speaker and TV from power for a short period of time (around five minutes minimum) then plug back in to see if this helps. 

- Check the audio settings on the TV to ensure optical is set as the audio output. Further to this, some Sony televisions have an AV SETUP menu that allows you to change the output between AUTO and PCM. Sometimes, when the TV experiences an issue, toggling between the AUTO and PCM mode can restart the audio output to the external device.

- Test the soundbar with another television using the optical cable. As you mentioned, Bluetooth works fine, so it won't be a speaker issue. 

- If the soundbar fails to work with another television via optical, try using a different optical cable.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

The red blinking light indicates there is no audio signal being fed from the TV.   I experienced the same issue with a new - out of the box unit.  The optical and coax cables worked fine sending sound to another Boze speaker but nothing on this Solo 5 bar.

Tech I was working with on the phone concluded that the unit was defective and offerred to exchange it.  I declined and returned it to Amazon for refund.  Wasted over two hours trying to figure this out.

Strongly recommend avoiding this product.

Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

What does a solid red light doing test?

Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Brand new Bose Solo 5 soundbar no sound

I have connected a brand new out of the box solo 5 to my tv and I have no sound. I used the optical connector provided. When holding mute I get the flashing red light so there is somehow no connection. Everything has been unplugged, replugged, reset, and is set up properly. It is a Sony TV. I have the audio set to audio system. I have followed all the troubleshooting suggestions from other posts and am getting nothing but frustrated. Please help.

Hey @Puma7995,

Thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the Bose Community!

When performing the diagnostics test, a solid red LED = digital zeros received. This means the speaker is receiving a digital signal with no content. There is a signal from the connected device but the connected device is not sending any sound to be played back.

I hope this helps!