Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Bose solo 5 remote control code doesn't work on Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65'' 4K UHD

Hi,

I got new Solo 5 for Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65'' 4K UHD. According to book #0600 is assigned for Samsung TV as universal remote control code. I follow the instructions but the code is not functional/working to TV. 

Am I missing something? Please advise

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Bose solo 5 remote control code doesn't work on Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65'' 4K UHD

Hi E.sor, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

Samsungs remote code is 0060 rather than 0600.  

Please try this and update me on the result! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Re: Bose solo 5 remote control code doesn't work on Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65'' 4K UHD

Hi,

Thank you for time and solution. It doesn't work as you suggested. 

Do you have other advice?

Thanks

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi E.sor, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

Kind Regards, 

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi E.sor, 

Kind Regards, 

Highlighted

Hello E.sor, 

I'm sorry to hear that this did not work for you. 

Do any of the functions work such as power on?

Additionally, did you explore the next codes using the Volume +?

Here is a walkthrough on how to program the universal remote. 

1. Power on the source to control (Note: If programming fails, power off the source and retry)
  2. In the provided code booklet (see Documentation), locate the code for the source brand
  3. On the remote control, press and hold the source button for the device you want to control (i.e. TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. Only the appropriate source button will glow
  4. On the number keypad, enter the code for the source brand (Note: If all six source buttons blink three times, an invalid code was entered)
  5. Press Volume + on the remote to select the first code for the brand
  6. Test the source for basic functions (i.e. press power, channel up/down, guide, etc.)
  7. If the source responds to basic functions, press Exit to save your settings
  8. If the source does not respond, press Volume + on the remote to select the next code for the brand and test again for functionality. Repeat until a working code is found, then press Exit to save

Let me know if this is successful.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I'm having similar issues connecting our Solo 5 Remote to our Samsung tv. Used the code 0060 and nothing worked on the tv after going through all the different settings. 

Highlighted

Hi @bigalburger,

Thank you for taking the time to post - I'd be happy to assist with your situation.

Apologies for any misunderstanding or confusion so far, but have you been able to try the code '00060'?. It's a very minimal difference (albeit an extra 0) but you may find it connects using that code.

Give that a try, then let me know if that is successful!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Hi

im trying program my Solo 5 remote to two Samsung TVs and codes 0060 nor 00060 do not work.

any other suggestions?

thanks

Highlighted

Hello e4gaa, 

Thanks for joining the discussion! 

Did you try all of the steps listed above? I would pay key attention to the instructions listed by Charlotte; pressing the + button after typing the code activates it. If the code does not work with your TV then pressing + activates the next code. Think of it like this: 

Press + = 0060a

Press + again = 0060b

Press + = 006c, 0060d, 0060d and so on. 

There are generally around 30 codes associated with the master (0060) code. Each time you press + please test for functionality, and when you find a code, be sure to hit EXIT to save the code on the remote. 

I would also recommend paying attention to the placement of the soundbar. There may be a chance the IR receiver on the TV is being blocked if the soundbar is directly in front of the TV. 

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Thanks.

my Samsung IR receiver is not blocked. The Samsung remote works fine to control the tv. The Bose remote is also working ok as I successfully programmed the Verizon code and the Bose remote now controls my Verizon Fios One box.

i tried you instructions, entered first code, hit + then pressed + again and again (over 30 times) and in the end all 6 input lights flashed three times and I was back to the beginning.

i can’t understand why I can’t reprogram for the Samsung tv when it worked fine for the Verizon box.

thanks 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch! 

I'm sorry to hear you are still unable to program the remote. 

It should be noted that the remote, while being able to control a large number of devices, cannot control all devices. It could be that your particular model of TV is not compatible with any of the codes.

I have double-checked and can confirm we only have 0060 as the code for Samsung TVs. I would recommend giving the setup another try and failing this, would recommend using the original remote for the TV. 

Thanks.