Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Bose solo 5 soundbar beeping

I've only had my bose solo 5 for a couple months and shortly after moving it started to randomly beep when watching cable.  It's actually more of a honking noise of different tones and durations, it was kind of comical at first but is getting annoying.  I did the firmware update yesterday and changed the optical cable to no avail.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose solo 5 soundbar beeping

Hey @MightyMoose67,

Sorry to hear that's happening - that is quite unusual. Have you checked that all cabling on the Solo 5 is in good condition and not showing any signs of damage?

Have you changed the TV being used? Also, does this beeping happen when watching sources that are not cable - say, for example, listening to Bluetooth audio or streaming video from a different device?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

So far we've only noticed it when watching cable, the only other source is watching through a firestick and it hasn't occurred when watching through that source so perhaps I'll check my HDMI cable from the cable box.

Luckily, it does it very infrequently - it didn't beep at all last night in about 3 hours of watching TV.

Highlighted

Thanks for informing me.

I'd recommend testing both sources further, to see for definite if it may be a cable box issue. It'll be worth checking all cables, so let me know if you find anything that stands out as a possible issue.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Can you advise if this has been resolved and what actions you took to resolve it.  I have the same issue with my Solo5, noticing it 2 -3 months ago.  I haven't changed TV or any configuration.  I have noticed it when using Virgin Cable TV, Netflix direct from the TV and from Virgin, and Amazon prime app.  I don't use it for anything else.

It is becoming really annoying, and I now hear it even when in another room/kitchen when others are watching in the lounge!

I have never had this on any of my other Bose devices.

Highlighted

Hello gpomfret66, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear that this is happening to your Solo 5. @MightyMoose67 I would be interested to know if you have the same cable box as @gpomfret66?

All the troubleshooting for this issue is here. If you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.