Crm21
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Bose solo 5 soundbar does not work with apple tv remote.

Hi,

I just bought the solo 5 and hooked it up via optical cable. I tried to set up the included remote to my apple tv so that I could control volume via the apple tv remote. The Apple tv does not recognize the remote and I wondering if I needed to go out buy the bose universal remotes, set that up to the speaker and then set up that remote to my apple tv. 

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: Bose solo 5 soundbar does not work with apple tv remote.

Hello Crm21,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with setting up your Remote Control. 

The Remote Control which comes provided with the Solo 5 system is a Universal Remote Control. I would recommend taking a look at this link to assist you with connecting your Universal Remote to control other devices. 

Please let us know if this does not resolve this issue for you, we would love to do what we can to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
chan7898753762
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Bose Solo 5 Soundbar Universal remote is not working on Apple TV pause/play buttons

Hello,

I recently purchased the Bose Solo 5 Sound system. I configured the universal remote to my Apple TV 4th generation - all buttons work apart from the pause and play buttons on the universal remote. I can only pause/play using my Siri remote, which defeats the purpose of a universal remote. Why is this? Is the universal remote not updated?

Thank you for the help.

Vicky_W

Re: Bose Solo 5 Soundbar Universal remote is not working on Apple TV pause/play buttons

Hello chan7898753762, 

Welcome to the forums. 

The link provided by @Tegan_M is great for learning how to program your universal remote. Can you please confirm you have followed these steps? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!