Ship98
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2021

Bose sound bar 300 from tv and Bose 321

Currently using Bose 321 with Hitachi tv. Can I add sound bar 300 by way of HDMI ? . TV has HDMI arc.

Bose product sound bar 300

united states

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose sound bar 300 from tv and Bose 321

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ship98

@Ship98 wrote:

Currently using Bose 321 with Hitachi tv. Can I add sound bar 300 by way of HDMI ? . TV has HDMI arc.

united states

I answered an almost identical question here in this post. The quick answer is: no.

The slightly longer answer is: while it might be possible it would not work as you would expect due to audio delays and using multiple remotes to control both systems volumes. You can read the post I shared above if you want to know a little more. But it really is an either-or situation and there isn't too much more to add.

If you want to try to get the best out of your 321 made a guide to help people do just that, but if that doesn't work it is simply best to replace the 321 with something that would work for your current needs.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that this helps solve your question. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ship98

@Ship98 wrote:

united states

I answered an almost identical question here in this post. The quick answer is: no.

The slightly longer answer is: while it might be possible it would not work as you would expect due to audio delays and using multiple remotes to control both systems volumes. You can read the post I shared above if you want to know a little more. But it really is an either-or situation and there isn't too much more to add.

If you want to try to get the best out of your 321 made a guide to help people do just that, but if that doesn't work it is simply best to replace the 321 with something that would work for your current needs.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that this helps solve your question. 

View solution in original post

Ship98
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2021

Thanks for your solution

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Ship98 wrote:

Thanks for your solution

Glad to help. Out of curiosity, what are you going to do? Replace the 321 system or keep it?