Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Bose soundbar 700 Product Activation Failed

I've been having trouble with my bose music app. Every time I try to connect my bose 700 with my app it keeps on saying product activation failed. I tried to hard reset my soundbar, I already unplugged it from the wall so as the subwoofer, I reset my internet but it doesn't seems to help me. I am getting frustrated because I've been doing it for couple hours now. I love bose that's why I upgraded to 700 but its giving me problems.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose soundbar 700 Product Activation Failed

Hello Nivekmn, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

It's great to hear of your loyalty to Bose and I am extremely sorry to hear that you are experiencing this difficulty with your Soundbar 700. 

I completely understand how frustrating this may be and I will absolutely do my best to help you with this problem to get your Soundbar up and running as it should.

I'd just like to clarify, when you say you "hard reset" the soundbar, was this the power reset of a factory default reset?

If it was not a factory default reset, I would like you to perform one, please. To do this: On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons for 5 seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

I would also recommend turning the Wi-Fi capability of the soundbar off and on again. On the remote, press and hold the Music button and Skip forward button for three seconds. When the setting has been changed, the light bar will glow solid white. Then repeat this to turn it back on. 

Alternatively, if you are still having problems, could you temporarily test connecting your soundbar to your internet via an ethernet cable and going through the setup process? 

If at any time the soundbar exits setup mode, you can re-establish this by simultaneously pressing and holding the TV icon and Skip Back buttons for 3 seconds on your remote. The light bar with glow amber when in setup mode.

Please get back to me with the results of this troubleshooting, and if necessary, I will be more than happy to provide additional support if the activation problem persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

I saw your solutian Charlotte. But when I didn't get through the first setup it is also impossible to activate the remote. I have a new 700 soundbar incl subwoofer so I was not able to activate.

Doing a reset by the remote is the only solution I didnot try.

How can I activate the remote?

Rgds Peter

Highlighted

Hi Peter, thanks for reaching out to us! 

You need to use the Bose Music app to set up your remote control. Can you tell me where your system is failing?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.