Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexKopf
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Bose soundbar 700 can’t add devices

Hi all, 

Have been fighting my new sound bar 700 for 3 days now.  I have one already Setup downstairs and works great but the new one I can not add any devices. It will go to device search and scroll for about 1-2 min and then asked to put in the make and then nothing, can’t continue. Had issues with setting up the tv but did a factory reset and then got that working. Can’t figure it out at all. Any help or ideas would be great. 

Bose product name soundbar 700

Country USA 

Firmware Version latest

App Version latest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Bose soundbar 700 can’t add devices

Author Accepted Answer selected by TexKopf

Hello TexKopf, 

Thank you for posting and reaching back out to the Community for support today! I'd love to assist you with this devices issue you are having. 

Can you please confirm if you are struggling to add devices via Bluetooth or if you are having issues adding devices such as the Bass Module and the Surround Speakers? 

Please can you also let us know exactly what devices you are attempting to connect to the Soundbar? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by TexKopf

Hello TexKopf, 

Thank you for posting and reaching back out to the Community for support today! I'd love to assist you with this devices issue you are having. 

Can you please confirm if you are struggling to add devices via Bluetooth or if you are having issues adding devices such as the Bass Module and the Surround Speakers? 

Please can you also let us know exactly what devices you are attempting to connect to the Soundbar? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

TexKopf
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Hi hector, 

thanks for replying. All of the Bose devices connected no issue. Soundbar 700, bass module 700 and the rears. It is when you go to add a new device like my LG Blu-ray or dish tv box on the app. When you click on it there is the “thinking” wheel that scrolls for about 1-2 minutes and then it will let you type in the model after but when you type something nothing happens and the continue box at the bottom is still greyed out. It one of the main reasons I went with Bose is to cut down on all the

remotes but seems I have added one now 🙂 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this TexKopf.

I'd recommend checking out this article here, as it will walk you through the exact way to pair these devices. 

If you are still unable to add these devices, we can try the advanced method. When you begin programming your remote in the Bose app, there is an Advanced option. This option lets you to select the brand and model of your device. Determine the brand and model of the device you are trying to control, then select the Advanced programming option to manually choose the device. 

Please do let us know how you get on. 

TexKopf
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Thanks Hector, 

yes I have tried the usual pair method. Just to give you the step by step of where it gets stuck. 

-settings

- configure sources

- +add a new device

- “heads up” about to try codes

- select a device type

- dvd / Blu-ray 

After this is where it gets stuck, and you just have the “thinking circle wheel” where you would put the make / model and then after about 2 min you are allowed to type but then nothing as the continue is greyed out. 

for the advanced option. Have clicked this in the app and then the Bose universal remote shows up there but that is all you can do. Nothing to click on except “remove” in the advanced settings. 

Tegan_M

We are very sorry to hear that this persists. 

Have you tried using a different device with the Bose Music app downloaded? We can see this way if this is isolated to your primary device, by using a different device we may see some success here. 

It may also be worth just rebooting your internet router. 

Do let us know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
TexKopf
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Hi Tegan,

thanks for the reply, yes the issue persists with other Bose apps as well, have even tried doing the whole setup again on a different app and still the same. 

have tried to reset the router as well and still no luck.

Liam_G

Thank you for confirming Texkopf,

I would recommend that you remove the remote via the Universal remote settings within the app. If you see the remote, click on it and you should see the "remove" option below. 

Then reboot the soundbar and once the soundbar is powered on, go back in the app, to the Universal remote settings and pair the remote to the soundbar again and test further. 
If you need help pairing the remote back to the soundbar, you can follow the steps here.

Looking forward to hear from you.