Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Bose soundbar 700 cracking sound or cutting out

I have Bose soundbar 700. For the past few days I have been noticing crackling sound coming out of my speaker when connected to TV. Recently, the sound has started to cut out. I have a samsung tv and its connected by HDMI. I don't notice the problem when playing the music through spotify or other sources. I tried resetting the sounbar and issue still persists. I looked into online forums and noticed few people have ran into this issues. Is there any recommended solutions from Bose product support?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Bose soundbar 700 cracking sound or cutting out

Hi prasannasuresh,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having audio issues when using your soundbar with your TV and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, so thank you for trying that and letting us know. Resetting the soundbar is a great place to start.

What have you been watching on the TV when hearing this sound? Does it happen only with the TV in-built sources or does it happen with external devices, like a cable box or streaming device, as well?

As the issue only seems to be happening with the TV audio, have you also tried rebooting the TV. To do this you would need to disconnect the TV from power for 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Another thing that would be useful to test would be using another HDMI cable for the connection to make sure this isn't being caused by the cable.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

I have roku box connected to my TV. I notice the issues with built-in apps as well as the roku box. I have not tried replacing and testing with new cable. I can give it a try. I have tried rebooting and restarting the TV multiple times. The sound is fine for couple of hours and then I see sound cutting out with crackling sound. 

It's impossible to reboot tv every time I get into this problem. I am not sure if this is some sort of software bug. Because, I don't run into this issues with other external devices like mobile or tablets. I can try using my optical cable and see this problem goes away. But, everyone knows that bose has issues with HDMI ARC setup. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

OK. Here are few more things I tried:

I tried resetting the soundbar. 
I tried changing it to optical cable. My sound settings are : Input Format: PCM and Output Format PCM.

Only thing left is resetting my TV. I am pretty sure that wont fix the problem either. I am also sure there is no problem with the soundbar as the other sources works fine. Is definitely a problem between TV and Bose Soundbar. 

Was there any recent software/firmware update? 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Yes firmware 7.0.10 was just pushed to our soundbar silently.... no communication from Bose...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Today I also post similar issue. It seems I am also facing same. For me it happens when I am watching tv for more than hour. Suddenly it starts making weird sound like it’s doing some calibration and it gets fixed in 20-39 seconds. My feeling is it’s started after last update. I am 7.0.10.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Hi. bose soundbar 700 here firmware 7.1
Crackling noises on dialogue scene, started 1 week ago. No problem from youtube or TV, crackling on Amazon Prime or MKV files (somes of them). No crackling from streamed music.
HDMI ARC connection. I buy new hdmi cables for testing tomorrow.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Are there any solutions for this? This is such crappy customer support from such a product. Bose should seriously be ashamed of letting their customers down.  $800 soundbar is of such poor quality. 

Highlighted

Hi everyone, Thank you for your input on this thread! 

Were you all able to try the troubleshooting outlined by @Keith_L?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

I did everything mentioned and also the other solutions available in Bose forum. The only way it works is to turn OFF soundbar and unplug cables and plug them again. The problem starts manifesting again in couple of days. This is a serious issue and I doubt Bose software people will have any troubles replicating it in their environment. You cannot ask someone to unplug and re-plug the cables for $800 soundbar.