Highlighted
blapoi16
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Bose soundbar 700 remote will not setup TV

When I attempt to setup TV or Configure sources for the universal remote it goes to a blank screen.  I am unable to configure any sources for the remote.  I attempted to un-install and re-install the app however the screens are still blank.  I also unpaired and re-paired the remote to the soundbar.  Is there any other method to connect sources to the remote?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose soundbar 700 remote will not setup TV

Hello blapoi16, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with connecting your universal remote. 

Just so that I ensure I provide you with the most accurate information, you can connect your universal remote to your soundbar, just not to control your external devices?

At what point in the set up does the screens go blank? Do you get any error messages?

Can you please confirm whether you are following these instructions to program your universal remote?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

blapoi16
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Yes... that is correct.  It does connect to the bose soundbar but will not configure other sources.  It is when I select TV or Configure sources in step 4 that I receive a blank screen.  I first attempted to un-pair and re-pair the remote then un-installed/re-installed the app after having this issue however both attempts were unsuccessful.  Thank you.

Hello blapoi16,

Thanks for confirming this.

Can you try using the Bose Music App on a different device to see if you can get further with the set up?

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

blapoi16
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

I downloaded the bose music app on my ipad and encountered  the same issue.  The screen is blank when i select tv or configure sources.  I only see the header Tv or source buttons with no options listed below.

Hi blapoi16, 

I am very sorry to hear this! 

In this instance, I would recommend that you reach out to your countries Bose product support team for further assistance regarding this. Our team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. An agent here will be able to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M