Highlighted
Dallas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Bose soundbar 700 with Google speaker group

I have the Google assistant update for my soundbar 700 but has anyone worked out to include it in a Google speaker group so you can use as part of play on all speakers?  It is not showing up as a speaker in my Google home. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dallas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with Google speaker group

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dallas

Thanks for your reply.  It amazes me that you would bring out a range of Google enabled Bose speakers that Google does not recognise as speakers.  It feels like a “you only had one job to do”  scenario.  

It would be great to fix this oversight.   In the interim I have come up with a workaround. If you use a Google mini you can pair it to the Bose speaker via Bluetooth and the Bose speaker will be recognised as a Google speaker. 

To do this his go into the google mini settings and go into the default speaker settings.  In here you have the option to pair a Bluetooth speaker.  Put the Bose speaker into pairing mode and once found confirm.  You will now be able to include the google mini in the all speakers group and the audio will play via Bluetooth on the Bose speaker.  You can adjust the settings with the google mini settings so you can control thinks like volume.  

Its not ideal but it works until Bose fix the google app. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Dallas, 

thank you for our post and welcome to the Community! 

Great question! Whilst the grouping of our Smart Speakers with google home products is currently unavailable. You can group multiple of our Smart Speakers together in the Bose music application. 

I have marked your post as a feature request so that the relevant team can view this.

Thank you for your feedback!

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Dallas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dallas

Thanks for your reply.  It amazes me that you would bring out a range of Google enabled Bose speakers that Google does not recognise as speakers.  It feels like a “you only had one job to do”  scenario.  

It would be great to fix this oversight.   In the interim I have come up with a workaround. If you use a Google mini you can pair it to the Bose speaker via Bluetooth and the Bose speaker will be recognised as a Google speaker. 

To do this his go into the google mini settings and go into the default speaker settings.  In here you have the option to pair a Bluetooth speaker.  Put the Bose speaker into pairing mode and once found confirm.  You will now be able to include the google mini in the all speakers group and the audio will play via Bluetooth on the Bose speaker.  You can adjust the settings with the google mini settings so you can control thinks like volume.  

Its not ideal but it works until Bose fix the google app.