Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Bose surround speakers keep losing connection

Hi, I have a Bose soundbar 500 and recently bought some Bose surround speakers. They work great, when I first set them up. However, recently I’ve noticed they keep not working. I do a reset and they start working again after I have reconnected them but the next day they stop working again. My Soundbar on start up flashes Amber 4 times which suggests opening my app for a solution but I can’t see any problem. The sound bar works fine.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose surround speakers keep losing connection

Hi Daz39,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you are recently having some connectivity issues. 

Do you find that the rear speakers keep disconnecting is this what you're experiencing? I would just like to ensure I have understood correctly before providing further troubleshooting. 

Can you also confirm the LED of your rear speakers receiver when you turn on your system?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Hi, yeah the rear speakers work when I reset them but then the next day when I switch my system on they don’t work.

the lights on rear speakers are amber when the system is off and turn white when I turn it on. The sound bar when powering up, flashes with 4 amber lights then stops. The sound bar works absolutely fine.

Highlighted

Just to clarify DAz39, the LED on the surround speakers turn white when you turn the soundbar on, but you don't hear any sound until you do the reset?

Also is the reset you are doing a reset of the rear speakers or the soundbar?

What I would recommend you start by looking at is possible sources of wireless interference between the soundbar and rear speakers. The surround speakers have a range of Up to 30 feet (9 m) from the soundbar but this can be affected by other wireless signals and barriers between the soundbar and the receivers for the rear speakers.

What wireless devices do you have near or between the soundbar and the rear speakers? I find the most common causes of interference are devices like routers, cordless phone bases, and wireless printers but any wireless devices could potentially interfere. If you have any of these within 4/5ft of the soundbar or rear speakers, or between them, try disconnecting them from power and test to see if the rear speakers connect correctly. If they do connect correctly, then you know one of your wireless devices has been causing interference and will need to be relocated.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!