drama10dawg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Bose v-35 console "System Information" keeps coming on!!!

My V-35 console keeps turning itself on and off. Also, the System Information window constantly comes on! This has been going on for several months, and it is very irritating. I have the latest update for my model. 02.21.00-U. Is this a system malfunction? I'm trying to avoid having to buy a whole new Bose system. [Edited by moderator] Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose v-35 console "System Information" keeps coming on!!!

Hi­­ drama10dawg,

Thanks for messaging the community, I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your  Lifestyle V35 system. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your system. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Turn the control console off
  • On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off
  • Release the Power button
  • Retest the system

Following this, please ensure that all connections to your system and TV are secure. 

Please let us know how you get on! 

Tegan M - Community Support 

drama10dawg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Tegan M. Thanks for your response. No. It did not work. I am so fed up with this system now. True, I had it for several years, but I did not think it would do what it's doing now. I see that nobody else has this problem. Here is an attached photo. The System Info page keeps coming on. Right in the middle of a show; all day long. No clue why? If it's not this, then the UNIFY menu comes up. So frustrated!

bose glitch.jpg

Highlighted

Hello Drama10dawg, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your system. 

I would like us to go ahead and update the firmware of your system. As long as your system is connected to Wifi we can do this by: 

1. Turn the TV on.
  2. Select the TV video input that connects to the system.
  3. On the control console, press and hold 'Setup' until the System Information Screen displays.
  4. Press 'Volume +'.
  5. Update the software as normal following the on-screen instructions.

After this, I would like us to complete a factory reset of the system. This will allow us to clear the system and set it up again from scratch. We can do this by: 

1. Power off your system.
  2. On the back of the system console, disconnect the power cord.
  3. On the front of the system console, simultaneously press and hold the Source and the Volume - buttons and, while holding them, reconnect the power cord.
  4. Continue holding the buttons until the Bose logo appears twice on the TV screen.
  5. Re-pair the remote control with your system.

Once you have completed the steps and set up the system again, please can you test to see if you are still having issues? 

Of course, if you are, please let me know as I would love to assist further. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W