Boss solo 5 tv tcl Roku

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Boss solo 5 tv tcl Roku

My tv mode is 55S405 tcl Roku tv
I tried the 2231 code and it doesn’t work, I’ve tried multiple times, cleared the remote and tried again. And still no working. I’m enjoying the sound bar, but part of the reason I purchased this was to cut out 3 more remote since this is universal.
And a side note. I programmed this to my Apple TV, I can turn it on and use it but how do I power off the Apple TV from the Bose remote?
18 REPLIES
Quiet Contributor

Re: Boss solo 5 tv tcl Roku

I found out my tv is Bluetooth only, and to turn off the Apple TV I have to put it in sleep mode, which isn’t bad

Hi JamesRock,

Thanks for the post, and I'm glad to hear you've figured out your issue.  I don't believe you can fully turn off an Apple TV, and sleep mode is the equivalent.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I have the same problem with TCL tv .Code does not working .Did you find a code that is ok ?
Quiet Contributor

I ended up talking to a rep and finding out that it’s immoissible. The tcl tv is a blue tooth remote and the boss is a regular infared remote. So their not compatible. At least for now.
Ended up returning it and getting a different sound system.
Quiet Contributor

Try the ViewSonic code 1805 for the DVD button Go off the home menu, program the code and keep Hitting Volume Up/Menu until it goes to the home menu. Then Exit.
Quiet Contributor

I disagree with what the rep told you. If you take your TCL remote and hold a button down now take your phone camera it can see the infrared light. Just tested my Roku TCL remote for my brand new 55 inch and it indeed is infrared. However I can not find a code that works.
Silent Starter

Worked for me

Quiet Contributor

How it worked ? Please help I am also stuck
Quiet Contributor

Try code 2471. It worked for me.