Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Bosw 700 Sounbar

Hello,

My Bose 700 soundbar is recognized by my Sony Bravia TV and then switches back to the Tv speakers as the sound source. I then have to change the Audio on my tv settings back to External speakers.  This happens every time I turn on my TV with the Verisoz one remote. 

Any ideas would be would be welocme and appreciated. 

Thank you,

Howie

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bosw 700 Sounbar

Hello 412Stein, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Is your system staying in standby when the TV is turned off or is the system turned off too? If the system stays in standby, we will want to change the CEC (Consumer Electronics Controls). This allows the different devices you have connected to talk to each other over their HDMI connections. This saves you time and effort by allowing devices to turn on and off and change inputs automatically.

To turn HDMI-CEC on or off:

1. In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar in the lower-right corner
    If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon 
  2.  in the upper-left corner, select the speaker, then tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Scroll down to the Power section, then tap Advanced CEC
  5. Tap the circle next to the desired option to select it:
    • On: Enables CEC (default setting)
    • Off: Disables CEC
    • Alternate: Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with a certain device 
  6. When finished, tap the back arrow in the upper-left to return to the previous screens.
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!