CD Player with Soundtouch 130.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

CD Player with Soundtouch 130.

Hi Peeps, I cannot get sound from CD player. I saw an old post that said CD would go auto to TV but not the case. The strange thing is I couldn't turn it off when I set it up lol. Help appreciated. Cheers 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: CD Player with Soundtouch 130.

Hello LordWazza,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 130, I would be more than happy to assist you with this today. Could you please confirm which system you have as both the SoundTouch 130 and the Cinemate 130 do not have CD players?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Zoe, I have a CD player connected via the RCA's. When I first connected it I couldn't turn it off but now I can't turn it on. I am new to this unit. 

Hello LordWazza,

Thanks for confirming this. Could you please let us know the make and model of the CD player? 

Are you having trouble turning on the SoundTouch 130 or the CD player? 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

Harmon Kardon from 90's and not relevant as I am not trying to get control of it through Remote. I just want to play CD's through the soundtouch 130. When I set the unit up it played CD's from my CD player. I have followed instructions to play and hear CD's again and cannot get sound from CD player through speakers. Please tell me you understand now?

Hello LordWazza, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

I asked for the make and model so that I could see what kind of CD player you are using and any other connections that may be available, not for use with the remote. 

Do you have a TV connected through HDMI or any other method at the moment? It is possible that the console is not picking it up because the RCA is generally used for connecting the TV. If you have a TV connected another way, it may not be able to pick up both signals. If you remove the TV connection, can you please test if it plays.

There is actually a 3.5mm AUX connection on the side of the system. If you have the appropriate cable to connect via this port, please try this. You will need to assign the AUX to Audio In as appose to headphones. You can do this by following these steps:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to "5 SIDE AUX"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to select "Audio In" or "Headphones"
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Let me know how you get on with these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks Charlotte. I have a digital video recorder in Aux so TV is not directly connected to Bose. Should I have TV direct into Bose and also Bose to DVR to TV? Then I can use 3.5 on side of unit?

Hello LordWazza.

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this.

We do recommend that you connect your SoundTouch 130 directly through to your TV. The best way to do this is through HDMI ARC.

Following this, f you have connected your SoundTouch 130 to your TV via HDMI ARC, you can then connect your Harman Kardon DVR System directly to your TV Via RCA or AUX. By Connecting your DVR system directly to your TV through HDMI ARC this should allow the audio to output to your SoundtTouch 130 system. 

If your TV does not have these connections, please let us know what TV model you own so that we can assist you with an alternative connection setup. If you also have any other devices connected to your TV please let us know how they are currently connected so that we can factor these items within your setup. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Quiet Contributor

Well this is going nowhere fast.

Messages need to be read carefully so we get a resolution.

My TV is connected from the Bose via a PVR. Chain is, Bose to PVR/BoseAUX(ALDI personal video recorder) to TV/HDMI ARC.

I wish to connect and play CD's with the Harmon Kardon CD player(plugged into RCA's at the moment, not getting sound because?. 

Question, Is the only way to use CD player through side 3.5mm headphone connection or can I use another way? 

Hi LordWazza, 

Thank you for following up. 

You can absolutely use your system in this way. Alternative, if your TV is successfully connected to the Bose, you can connect your CD player to the TV providing you have the correct connections. This will come through the Bose system. 

If you wish for a quicker resolution, you can always get in contact with our Technical Support Team who will be more than happy to assist you! Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

Let us know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O