Highlighted
kgrater
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Can I use any Bose surround sound speakers with my Yamaha TSR-7810 via Bluetooth?

I would like to use Bose wireless speakers as surround sound speakers connected to my Yamaha TSR-7810 AV receiver.  I have been looking at the Bose model 809821-1100 speakers.  I currently have Klipsch center and front speakers wired to the AV receiver and would like wireless connections to my surround sound speakers.  Before I buy the Bose speakers, I want to make sure that I can connect them to this model AV receiver via a wireless connection, most likely via Bluetooth.  Will this work for me?

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Can I use any Bose surround sound speakers with my Yamaha TSR-7810 via Bluetooth?

Even if you're not talking about Bose you're going to have some difficulty with that.

BT won't work, particularly since your amp doesn't have BT output (only BT input).  Even if you had a BT transmitter it would likely send stereo sound to one speaker (not surround as you want) and there can also be a delay with the audio.

The only way I think you can do it is with a "universal wireless rear speaker pack", but I can't say what sort of quality you would get.  You would also have to use passive speakers (A google search didn't bring up what model the 809821-1100, but it would have to be something like 791s, 301s, or AM5s)