Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Can I use my V35 system's wiring for my new Lifestyle 600 Rear Speakers?

Hi,

I'm upgrading from the V35 system to a Lifestyle 600 system.  I'd like to use the existing wiring from the V35 system for the Lifestyle 600 rear speakers.  Is that doable?  If not is there an adapter that I can purchase to make this work?

The current rear speakers are mounted on the ceiling and the wiring was run though the ceiling before it was closed up. There are no power outlets near by to use the wireless option and trying to run new wire is not really an option.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Can I use my V35 system's wiring for my new Lifestyle 600 Rear Speakers?

Hey Coachbob, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! I would love to answer any product questions you may have. 

This isn't something that is possible as both systems use different wiring and we advise that you don't mix and match our systems. The Lifestyle 600 will come with new wires that will need to be fitted again. 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You could probably use the old speaker wires if you wanted to splice the correct Bose ends on the old wires.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

That's what I was afraid of.  I guess it's time to tear things up.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

I was considering that as well.  

I'll let you know what I decide and how it goes.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If it was my system, rather than splicing the wires together with tape, I would purchase some sort of electrical male to female connector and use those.  Attach those to the ends of your in-wall speaker wires and Bose speaker wires.  Of course, there are two wires for each speaker, so make sure you get the + and - connected correctly.