I recently changed the password on my home WiFi account and attempted to update the settings through the SoundTouch App with my mobile phone (Android). I get the following message when the app opens - "! Hmm...There was a problem checking for the update (4004/0)"
SoundTouch App Interface Version 21.0.3; Protocol Version 62; App Version 21.0.4
AV 120 Control console – Model 414642
SoundTouch wireless adapter – Model 412451-SM2
CinaMate 120 Speaker Array
SoundTouch Home Theater Speaker
I went to Settings; Speaker Settings; selected my speaker; Connect to a Wi-Fi Network. I then select “Wi-Fi” when asked “How would you like to connect your SoundTouch speaker to your network” It gives me “Please wait…”, then “Setup Mode – Your system needs some help getting into setup mode. The following screens will show you what to do.” I press Continue. I select “SoundTouch Home Theater System” I press and hold the Control button on the wireless adapter until LED turns solid amber. I press Continue. It gives me “Please wait…” I select the same network as my mobile device and enter password, then press Connect. It gives me “Connecting” It gives me “Name Your Speaker” and I enter the name and then press Continue. It gives me “Naming Speaker” It gives me “! Can’t Connect – Something happened and we couldn’t add the speaker to your SoundTouch account. Please try again later.” I press Exit Setup. It then gives the (4004/0) error again and I press OK. It returns me to the app menu.
- I tried to unplug the Control Console for more than 30 seconds with same results.
- I tried to Un-install the app on mobile device and re-installed it with same results.
- I tried using my wife’s mobile phone (IPhone) with same results.
- I tried using my laptop computer with USB – Micro with same results
- I tried to reset the Control Console to Factory Settings with same results
- I tried to remove the speaker and got - "Hmm...That didn't work. Please try again (1038)"
What can I try next? I’m out of options from Online Manual and Suggestions.