dlvidal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Can't Connect: Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to SoundTouch account.

I recently changed the password on my home WiFi account and attempted to update the settings through the SoundTouch App with my mobile phone (Android).  I get the following message when the app opens - "! Hmm...There was a problem checking for the update (4004/0)"

SoundTouch App Interface Version 21.0.3; Protocol Version 62; App Version 21.0.4

Equipment:

AV 120 Control console – Model 414642

SoundTouch wireless adapter – Model 412451-SM2

CinaMate 120 Speaker Array

SoundTouch Home Theater Speaker

I went to Settings; Speaker Settings; selected my speaker; Connect to a Wi-Fi Network. I then select “Wi-Fi” when asked “How would you like to connect your SoundTouch speaker to your network” It gives me “Please wait…”, then “Setup Mode – Your system needs some help getting into setup mode. The following screens will show you what to do.” I press Continue. I select “SoundTouch Home Theater System” I press and hold the Control button on the wireless adapter until LED turns solid amber. I press Continue. It gives me “Please wait…” I select the same network as my mobile device and enter password, then press Connect. It gives me “Connecting” It gives me “Name Your Speaker” and I enter the name and then press Continue. It gives me “Naming Speaker” It gives me “! Can’t Connect – Something happened and we couldn’t add the speaker to your SoundTouch account. Please try again later.” I press Exit Setup. It then gives the (4004/0) error again and I press OK. It returns me to the app menu.

- I tried to unplug the Control Console for more than 30 seconds with same results.

- I tried to Un-install the app on mobile device and re-installed it with same results.

- I tried using my wife’s mobile phone (IPhone) with same results.

- I tried using my laptop computer with USB – Micro with same results

- I tried to reset the Control Console to Factory Settings with same results

- I tried to remove the speaker and got - "Hmm...That didn't work.  Please try again (1038)"

What can I try next? I’m out of options from Online Manual and Suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dlvidal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Re: Can't Connect: Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to SoundTouch account.

Author Accepted Answer selected by dlvidal
SOLVED. I got on Tech support phonecon with Jason H. He discovered my Firewall needed to be lowered from Maximum to Medium.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can't Connect: Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to SoundTouch account.

Hi Dlvidal, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with re-setting up your speakers on your network. I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'll do all I can to assist you! 

Thank you for your in-depth descriptions of the troubleshooting you have carried out, this is most helpful. 

Can you confirm the color of the WiFi indicator at the end of the process above? 

If your LED is white, this means that the speaker is connected to the network. If your speaker is already present in the application it should then be available to play. Can you confirm if this is the case? 

If not I would recommend, if the LED is white, going to the top left menu (three lines) > settings > Add or reconnect speaker > speaker already connected to network. 

This will search your WiFi connection for your speaker and should pick it up. It will then take you straight to the naming screen. You can do this on both the PC or your smartphone. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

dlvidal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Jessie O,
Thanks for your help.
I can confirm the LED is solid white. I can also confirm the speaker is present the app.
Everytime I start the app, I see it attempts to search for speaker, but then I get the (4004/0) error message. I click OK and the app shows the speaker on the bottom of screen.
I tried to Add or Reconnect Speaker as you suggested. It gets to "Searcing for Speaker" and then returns message "No Speaker Found"

Hi Dlvidal, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

This is most strange. I would recommend clicking on the speaker at the bottom of the screen then clicking on the settings cog and selecting 'connect speaker'. Then clicking on the speaker already connected to network. 

Could you try this on different devices?

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

dlvidal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Jessie O,
Android and Iphone - I clicked on the speaker at the bottom of the screen then clicked on the settings cog. I didn't have option to select 'connect speaker'. Instead, it showed Speaker Details with 'connect to a wi-fi network' and 'remove speaker'. Both of these were attempted with same failed responses.
Laptop - When app is started it doesn't find speaker...just keeps searching. I click on 'Add speaker'; 'Wi-fi'; I then connect USB to computer and small end to Setup A. It goes through setup and even gives 'Connected!' message. I disconnect cable and give speaker name; Continue. It stays on Naming Speaker screen for a long time and then I get message 'Can't Connect'. Only option is Exit Setup

Note: From smartphones, I can adjust volume from app. I can see the message 'speaker is playing another source' when on TV and I can play music from Bluetooth. It's just when I am tring to connect with SoundTouch source that I can't connect.

Hi Dlvidal, 

Thank you for this information! it is most helpful. 

I feel like there could be an issue with your account. I would recommend creating a new SoundTouch Account with a different email address to see if this helps with your issue. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

dlvidal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Jesse,
Sorry I haven't replied to your last suggestion. I created a new account and attempted to connect my speaker again. Everything went normal until after it was Naming Speaker. Agian the error message of Can't Connect was received.
I have been so frustrated that I needed to take some days off from troubleshooting. I am going to turn my attention to my WiFi provider and exchange my router. I have reset after changing password and tried a couple other things, but the issue with Bose speaker started after I reset my wifi password, so I am going back to beginning next.
I will return with an update when I have something to report.
Thank you for your assistance.
dlvidal
dlvidal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by dlvidal
SOLVED. I got on Tech support phonecon with Jason H. He discovered my Firewall needed to be lowered from Maximum to Medium.
yogeshsawant
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hi Folks,

I face same issue after changing name " something happened and we could not add the speaker to your SoundTouch account" and than option of Exit Setup. Not able to add Speaker in Soundtouch App.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Hi yogeshsawant, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are also having this issue. 

Could you please attempt the steps that are listed in this thread? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B