Highlighted
coachmsf
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Can you add a jbl wireless sub to soundbar 500 ?

I replaced my JBL soundbar and wireless sub with the Bose 500 soundbar, sub and two surround rear speakers. The sound is awesome but the bass is really lacking to say the least. My question is this: can I add the JBL wireless sub (which is awesome) or can i add another Bose bass module to the soundbar ? This would take it to a whole new level and satisfy my need for the booming bass. Thanks for your response. 

8 REPLIES 8
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Can you add a jbl wireless sub to soundbar 500 ?

You can add a second Bose bass module of the same model.

Hello Coachmsf, 

Thank you for posting. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

While this is not something we have tested, third-party bass modules will not connect wireless to the Soundbar 500 and we do not recommend using non-Bose subwoofers in a wired manner with the speaker.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Brycepatrick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

What about adding a Bose wired subwoofer, like from the Acoustimass 15 speaker set?

Hello Brycepatrick. 

We would not recommend using anything other than the Bass Module 500 or Bass Module 700. 

It should also be noted the two Bose bass modules (e.g 2x BM500 or 2x BM700) must be of the same size and must be connected wirelessly.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Brycepatrick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Why do they have to be of the same size?  

If I own a LS650/600 then technically I would need 2-BM300, as both LS systems come with the BM300.  But the BM300 is discontinued.  So I should be able to add a 2nd either BM500 or BM700...   And as the BM500 is about half the price, most people will probably go with the BM500 as the BM700 is not 2 times as good.  Moreover, when Bose releases there new 2019/2020 LS system, they probably wont be compatable with the current wireless subs.  

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't know, but probably because the two subs will carry the exact same signal from the same source.  So, if it's set properly for one sub, it won't be correct for the other, etc.

I don't know if this matters, but the Bose Soundtouch products are a completely different operating system than the Bose Soundbar 500 and 700.  Because of that, any subwoofer for the Bose Soundbar 500 and 700 may not be able to connect with the Bose Soundtouch 300 or the Bose Lifestyle 600/650.  You can still find new Bose Acoustimass 300 subs on eBay.  I've been tempted to buy a second sub myself.

Brycepatrick
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thanks for replying, I agree with what you said.  Which Lifestyle System do you own?

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@Brycepatrick wrote:

Thanks for replying, I agree with what you said.  Which Lifestyle System do you own?

Neither.  I own a Bose Soundtouch 300 with sub and rear surrounds.