Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workmand
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2021

Can you connect more than 1 wireless sound touch adapter to the Bose App?

Hi,

I have a Cinemate 520 with the wireless sound touch adapter. I also have the sound touch wireless speakers, which all worked fine through the app for group playing of simultaneous music.

I now have a massive room with two TV's at either end - so I purchased a second hand Cinemate 520 which again works fine as two separate home cinema systems. I have now got another wireless adapter for the other cinemate...but I can't get it to connect to the app???

Is it possible to have these two working together and added in just as you would another sound touch speaker? I have tried wifi and hard wiring as an ethernet but it won't have it!! 

I just want to play my music on ever speaker!!!

Thanks

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: Can you connect more than 1 wireless sound touch adapter to the Bose App?

Hey @Workmand, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting one of your SoundTouch adapters to the SoundTouch app. There shouldn't be any reason why you can't also have this connected to the app. I'd love to see what I can do to get this working for you. 

Could you start by letting me know the LED status of the adapter when it's plugged in? Understanding LED indicator status lights and information.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Workmand
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2021

Thanks for reading 

the led is flashing white and then solid amber in set up mode?

Charlotte_G

@Workmand Thanks for letting me know! It's good to know it's in setup mode. Now could you please follow the steps HERE to use the alternate connection method. Please also ensure that the latest firmware is installed by following these steps.

Let me know how this goes for you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Workmand
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2021

Thanks for the advice.

I tried all of that and then the adapter showed as a solid white light.

However still no connection? and also still no connection with the ethernet connected.

I am going to send the unit back and buy another one - hopefully with more luck!!!!

Many thanks

Dan

Workmand
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2021

So that is that one in the post on the way back.

Does anyone know where I can get another adaptor from? There are some on Ebay but all from China.....??

Thanks again