CineMate 130: Audio only, no video w/ 4K 60 Hz
06-25-2020 04:51 PM
Message 1 of 5
I’ve been searching all over for help with an issue I’m having with my Bose 130 home sound system and came across this community wondering if anyone may have some insight. Unfortunately, I’m not the most tech-savvy with AV and entertainment equipment.
About two days ago, I believe my Xfinity X1v4 cable box performed an automatic update that essentially bricked the Bose system at 4K 60 Hz resolution. This was working previously and now I’m only receiving audio from the Bose 130, not video (LG OLED55E6P TV). Xfinity/Comcast support has led me to a dead end as well.
My setup is currently:
Wall cable socket > X1 Cable Box > HDMI cable into CBL SAT port on Bose 130 box > HDMI cable from Bose 130 TV port into HDMI ARC port on LG TV
As well as optical cable from Bose 130 box to sound bar
I’ve read some inconsistent posts about 4K 60 Hz either being compatible or incompatible with Bose 130 (I understand something with HDCP 2.2 though I’m not 100% familiar), and seems incompatible with official specifications being an older product. I guess I’m trying to get to the bottom of “why was it working before and what can I do to restore it?” more than anything; I’d really like to avoid buying a whole new sound system. As much as I love Bose products (have earbuds, 2 aviation headsets, and heck computer speakers that have been solid for me for over 10 years), I can’t really spend another $1000+ right now, and the system seems to run perfectly fine for me still for audio.
Some troubleshooting I’ve identified:
- X1v4 at 4K 60 Hz works direct from X1 box via HDMI into TV (Removing Bose 130 box from the middle)
- BluRay player still works audio and video through Bose 130 into TV via HDMI (it’s a regular BluRay, not an ultra HD new one)
- ANY other resolution, including 4K 30 Hz, works from X1 through Bose 130 box into TV with audio and video. ONLY 4K 60 Hz has audio but no video. So it seems adding the Bose 130 box in the middle of the chain creates the symptom.
- Have tried 4 different HDMI cables in total between these configurations, I don’t believe it’s a cable issue.
- Changing HDMI ports on the LG TV seems to have no effect. HDMI ARC (port 2) and HDMI (port 4).
- Resetting activation signal to X1 had no change
- Power cycling the X1 gives me a “Welcome” Xfinity screen for a few seconds then reverts to no video (not even the channel guide overlays)
- Unplugging all other cables, including power, letting the system “sit” for several hours had no effect
- I have other TVs I’ll move boxes to try, but unfortunately not 4K.
- Moving the CBL SAT > LG TV HDMI cable to another port (such as BluRay) had no effect
- No power surges or anything like that recently that I’m aware of
I hope that information is at least a little descriptive. I’m open to any suggestions the community may have and am most thankful for any help out there. Does anyone have any ideas by chance?