Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajeshr
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2021

CineMate 130 console replacement

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name BOse cinemate home theater 130

Country US

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce;

broken

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? yes was working fien

Any troubleshooting steps you took : Out of warranty.  took to a repair place. now its spoiled.

need to replace. what are my options ? will I be able to use the  CineMate home theater system - Interface Module with it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: CineMate 130 console replacement

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

@rajeshr wrote:

Country US

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce; broken

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? yes was working fien

Any troubleshooting steps you took : Out of warranty.  took to a repair place. now its spoiled.

need to replace. what are my options ? will I be able to use the  CineMate home theater system - Interface Module with it ?

Your options are either:

1. Send the receiver to Bose and pay them to repair it if the repair place refuses to fix their mistake. If it's an official repair place, maybe Bose will honor their work and fix it for free? (Not sure if that's a policy they have or not)
  2. Purchase a replacement receiver from eBay or another second-hand location.

There are two versions that will work with your system the Cinemate 130 or the AV130. I show some of their labels in this post.

Notice that there are many different Model 414642 receivers out there, but you must ensure you only get the version compatible with your SoundBar, the 130 version.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you ended up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

@rajeshr wrote:

Country US

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce; broken

Your options are either:

1. Send the receiver to Bose and pay them to repair it if the repair place refuses to fix their mistake. If it's an official repair place, maybe Bose will honor their work and fix it for free? (Not sure if that's a policy they have or not)
  2. Purchase a replacement receiver from eBay or another second-hand location.

There are two versions that will work with your system the Cinemate 130 or the AV130. I show some of their labels in this post.

Notice that there are many different Model 414642 receivers out there, but you must ensure you only get the version compatible with your SoundBar, the 130 version.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you ended up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

rajeshr
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2021

thank you. I did see few 120 for sale. no 130 console by itself. will keep looking for it. 

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@rajeshr wrote:

thank you. I did see few 120 for sale. no 130 console by itself. will keep looking for it. 

If it helps I show what the rear connections on the receivers look like in this guide. You can quickly see why you can only use a 130 version as there is a hardware difference. All the other models have a software difference that requires them to use their specific version.