CineMate 1SR System

Silent Starter

CineMate 1SR System

I talked with the technical folks and they said Bose doesn't sell anything like what I'm looking for.   I have an old CineMate 1SR system and would like to add some additional speakers that can connect wirelessly to the system and give a more full surround sound for the system. So, I'm asking if any of you techies out there know of anything that I can do and still get a quality sound.  Thanks in advance.  

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Re: CineMate 1SR System

chkitche@gmail.com wrote:

I talked with the technical folks and they said Bose doesn't sell anything like what I'm looking for.   I have an old CineMate 1SR system and would like to add some additional speakers that can connect wirelessly to the system and give a more full surround sound for the system. So, I'm asking if any of you techies out there know of anything that I can do and still get a quality sound.  Thanks in advance.  

Physical rear speakers didn’t come on the scene for the full size Bose sound bars till the SoundTouch 300, 2 years ago. Unfortunately there are no hardware or software solutions that would allow for adding physical speakers.

Have you tried to review your room for potential audio blocks? Orientation, doors, hallways, large pieces of furniture can diminish the effects of reflected sound which the SR was designed to do. Also have you run your Adapt IQ utility. This always does a good job with room shaping and calibration.

The SR, Cinemate 130 and SoundTouch 130 do a great job with virtual surround sound but have their limits.

Re: CineMate 1SR System

Hi chkitche,

Thanks for writing in!

@rickatk is right, the 1SR soundbar was designed to be a standalone unit.  There are no adapters to add more speakers to this setup.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support