Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

CineMate 520 Audio Problem

I'm new to the Community so I'll do my best to not sound like a knucklehead.  I purchased a CineMate 520 Home Theater System in late 2015.  I'm a fan of Bose and have quite a few new and old Bose products.  The CineMate sound reproduction has been superb until a short while back when the sound started cutting in and out.  When it plays, the volume and clarity are all terrific however, 2-3 minutes into whatever you're watching (TV, DVD, BlueRay, streaming audio/video) the sound starts to cut in and out roughly every 30-60 seconds for 2-3 seconds then comes right back.  It effects all six speakers.  I've spent time online trying to find a solution.  I've tried to go directly to Bose but apparently they stopped selling this model in 2015.  I've found references here and there to "wire interference" if there are too many wires.  Well, yes, there are a lot.  It's a six speaker system.  Plus wires to the BlueRay player and let's not forget power cables.  In all, there must be about 15 wires back there.  I've tried temporarily eliminating all but the Bose wiring but the problem still exists.  I like the system but cannot continue to try to watch movies, TV, etc with the sound cutting on and off.  Any suggestions from the Community?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: CineMate 520 Audio Problem

Author Accepted Answer selected by djbedell

Hi djbedell!

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

It's definitely strange that you are getting these audio cutouts, especially this frequently! Is the pattern you have been seeing the same every time? Or does it change at all?

Checking the cabling for interference is a great idea. In this situation with the pattern being this regular it doesn't sound like it would be interference, but checking is always worthwhile.

What I would recommend doing first, if you haven't already, is a reset of the control console. To do this, what you will want to do is:

• Turn the system off.
  • Unplug the control console from the power outlet.
  • Unplug the speaker output from the control console.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the speaker output to the control console.
  • Reconnect the control console power cord.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by djbedell

Hi djbedell!

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

It's definitely strange that you are getting these audio cutouts, especially this frequently! Is the pattern you have been seeing the same every time? Or does it change at all?

Checking the cabling for interference is a great idea. In this situation with the pattern being this regular it doesn't sound like it would be interference, but checking is always worthwhile.

What I would recommend doing first, if you haven't already, is a reset of the control console. To do this, what you will want to do is:

• Turn the system off.
  • Unplug the control console from the power outlet.
  • Unplug the speaker output from the control console.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the speaker output to the control console.
  • Reconnect the control console power cord.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Well Keith,

Thank you for the response.  In hindsight, that seems a bit simple for a fix - however - I did exactly what you recommended and my CineMate 520 seems to be working fine.  Watched TV all last night with no problems at all.  Looking forward to watching a movie tonight with the surround sound working properly.

Again, Thank you!

David

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

As a follow-up to the audio problem I've been experiencing with my Bose CineMate 520, I performed the recommended actions which seemed to have corrected the problem.  It was great being able to use the surround sound again.  Now it's been about two weeks.  Last night it started cutting out again.  It's doing the exact same thing it did before.  Not sure why or what caused it to start again.  Will try the "solution" again and see if it corrects the issue again.  Hopefully it will work and be a permanent solution this time.   Just thought I'd let you know the issue returned.  Thanks again for your original response.