Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

CineMate® GS Series II - optical audio cable and rca plugged in chromecast audio

Hi, I would like to check if i can use both of the input at the interface module?
I have connected optical audio cable to TV, and I connect the RCA connectors to chromecast audio, I couldnt run this together untill i take off the optical audio cable.
Can i plug both in and only choose which to use or how can I run this without pull out the ptical audio cable?
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: CineMate® GS Series II - optical audio cable and rca plugged in chromecast audio

Author Accepted Answer selected by jasper0711

Hi Jasper0711,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

In regards to your query, you will be unable to do this as the system will always take the best quality audio and assume you wish to play this. I would recommend plugging the chromecast audio directly into the TV then any audio from the TV will play through the system. 

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: CineMate® GS Series II - optical audio cable and rca plugged in chromecast audio

Author Accepted Answer selected by jasper0711

Hi Jasper0711,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

In regards to your query, you will be unable to do this as the system will always take the best quality audio and assume you wish to play this. I would recommend plugging the chromecast audio directly into the TV then any audio from the TV will play through the system. 

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post