ybro67
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

CineMate Series II remote replacement needed

My CineMate Series II system still works perfectly with the exception of the remote.  I've replaced the batteries, even taped the battery housing closed so as to "squeeze" the battery for a better connection.  I'd like to buy a replacement remote but I'm not sure which one is the right part.

When I searched the Bose website I found the "Bose Solo remote" which looks very similar to my current remote (only 4 buttons...on / off; volume up & down; mute button) however when I searched the same site for a CineMate Series II remote replacement I am brought to a remote that looks like my tv remote (RC-PWS III universal remote).  I don't want a universal remote as a replacement.

What is the right replacement part for my CineMate Series II Home Theatre System (two speaker system)?  Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Charlotte_G

Re: CineMate Series II remote replacement needed

Hey ybro67,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry to hear that your CineMate II remote is no longer working. Excellent steps you have already taken. Do any buttons on the remote work at all, or is it completely unresponsive?

If a replacement is necessary, the only compatible replacement remote is the Universal IR Remote - RC-PWS III

I hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Shamantao
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Hi,

I've got the same problem since yesterday. The remote control no longer working suddenly. The replacement of batery doesn't work.

How can I repair that ?

All the buttons not responding.

The replacement Bose® RC-PWS III universal remote control, is not sold in Europe apparently.

Andy_B
Community Manager

@Shamantao - Can you tell us a little more about your difficulties - do none of the LEDs on the remote illuminate, even when the batteries have been changed?

If so, you may need a replacement remote. If they are not available on your region's Bose website, please contact support directly. Click HERE, select your country, and use the "Contact us" page. Our phone support will have access to components that may not be available on their corresponding website. 🙂

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Shamantao
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

There is no led on the remote control.

The one on the reciever doesn't blink when the batteries have been changed ether.

Now I can not power on the device or change the volume.

Can'T I repair the remote ?

Shamantao
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

The french support propose me to repair the device for 145€. I can not accept that offer. Your remote control Bose® RC-PWS III universal remote control only cost 30$.

There is no contact by email. I will call them monday.

Thanks

ybro67
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hello all....I wanted to share that I found a less expensive alternative through Amazon.  I was able to purchase an almost exact replacement from them for just about $16.00 USD.  When it arrived all I had to do was pull out the plastic battery protector and it was ready to use.  It is a bit bigger than my original with the same four button layout.  I'm actually happy with the increased size as it is less easy to lose in the couch.  The only negative is you have to push the volume up/down button repeatedly to change the volume - with the old one you could push and hold for volume control.  In my opinion that's trivial for the cost savings and ease of doing business with Amazon.  Sorry Bose, love your products, but in this situation you were not the best option.

SEE BELOW for the name of the product I bought via Amazon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motiexic Remote Control for Bose Solo Cinemate Series II IIGS 1SR 10 & 15 Bose Solo 5, 10, 15 with CR2025 Battery

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shamantao
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Yes Thanks @ybro67 , I found some stuff here too*, very cheap on amazon.fr.

But the good news is that I repair my Bose remote Control and it working again.

I opend it and found the default, the connexion with the + of the batery was inefective. So I ad a screw to maintain the spring in place. The spring is around a hole already there. And it works. Very easy.

*YUHUA ELE Télécommande de Remplacement pour Bose

Mdj7
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

We're also in need of a replacement remote. Before buying either of the ones suggested in this thread -- either the Bose RC-PWS III universal remote control or the Motiexic Remote Control -- what I'd really like to know is whether or not it's possible to simply enter a code into our universal remote control that will allow it to control the volume of the CineMate Series II? We currently have 3 remotes (which is ridiculous) just to watch TV. If we can get rid of one, that would be fabulous. The three remotes are: 1) a universal remote that drives a Samsung TV and a Satellite receiver, 2) the Bose remote (not working currently), 3) the Samsung remote (required to access DVDs, Computers, etc.).

So... can we enter a code into the universal remote to control the Bose sound? If this is possible, I'm assuming we would still be able to use the Samsung remote to access the Samsung TV sound. Is this correct?

Vicky_W

Hey Mdj7, 

Welcome to the forums. 

No setting changes are needed on your system to control it with a universal remote that sends IR (infrared) commands. The IR sensor on your system is located on the front. Be sure it is not blocked so it can detect remote commands.

I hope this helps.