a_marcu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Cinemate 1 SR start up white light is pulses and then disconnects

Hi my Cinemate 1 SR stopped working out of nowhere. I tried all the reset procedures recommended. After I disconnect both the Acoustimass and Speaker Array modules for 30+ seconds, the Acoustimass starts blinking slowly orange and after connecting the Array it starts blinking a white led (only one white led active). After few sec the orange light on Acoustimass gets solid orange, the white led on the Array continues to blink after few seconds, and then suddenly the white led on the bar (array) dissapears and the Acoustimass led goes back to blinking slowly orange...Cannot get it out of this state. Can you please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
a_marcu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Cinemate 1 SR start up white light is pulses and then disconnects

Author Accepted Answer selected by a_marcu

Thank you for the input. I will try, when i get to it. Just to confirm, you are suspecting that the remote, despite the buttons lighting up and reacting to button pushes perhaps is not emitting IR? I am only restating that the remote is reacting to buttons etc. With that said, I will try as soon as I get back home. Good idea, thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi a_marcu, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

The Blinking White LED means that the system is muted and shouldn't have any relevance with this. Firstly I would recommend that you ensure that you have ah Channel Bonding or 40MHz modes disabled on your internet router as well as performing a reset on the system, this can be done via: 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the speaker array power cord from the power outlet
  • Unplug the Acoustimass Module power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cords
  • Retest the system

Then please reconnect the systems to ensure that you are doing this correctly I have attached the steps below: 

• Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord
  • Connect the speaker array to power
  • Using the remote, turn on the system
  • Remove the door on the end of the speaker array
  • On the speaker array, press and hold the ADAPTiQ button for 3-4 seconds until the array's status indicator slowly blinks orange
  • Connect the Acoustimass module to power

Please update me and the community on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
a_marcu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I can't get to that. I was ready to power off all my internet to be sure. The sequence i see is as follows: when i physically plug in the array i see a while led blinking for a while and then stops. I cannot get any reaction from the remote (i.e. power on).  I had the unit for a few years, I know the buttons :-). I changed a few set of batteries, that i confirmed work for other remotes. The lights come up on the remote when i push (i.e. is not dead, batteries work). I tried to push the setup button for a few seconds, it lights up all the buttons waiting to be programmed but still the power button on the remote doesn't lit led on the array. The array is not "dead" because i get that blinking led when i physically plug in to the power. Ideas appreciated

Highlighted
a_marcu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Posted too early. Is it possible that the remote lost its way and doesn't turn on the unit? If so, any way to reset the remote? I had the product for 5-6 years (to give you a sense over the remote type, if more than one). Alternatively  is there another way to turn on the array (without the remote)? Again, thanks for ideas

Highlighted

Hi a_marcu, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. There isn't a way to fully reset the remote. You can check to ensure that the remote is working by when any button on the remote is pressed, an IR signal is sent from emitter out of the top of the remote. This IR signal is visible with most digital cameras, including cell phone cameras, though the rear-facing camera on iPhone models 4 and newer have an IR filter that prevents this signal from being seen. 

When aiming the camera at the top of the remote, a brief flash of light should be seen when a button is pressed - the light might flicker if the button pressed sends a repeated signal. If this signal cannot be seen then there may be an issue with the remote. There isn't a way of turning on the speaker array without the controller. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
a_marcu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by a_marcu

Thank you for the input. I will try, when i get to it. Just to confirm, you are suspecting that the remote, despite the buttons lighting up and reacting to button pushes perhaps is not emitting IR? I am only restating that the remote is reacting to buttons etc. With that said, I will try as soon as I get back home. Good idea, thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
a_marcu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

The idea to test the remote was very helpful. For some reason the remote is indeed not sending any IR although I tried multiple batteries and lights go on on the buttons the have lights when you push etc. I was able to take a remote from a cable box i have, I programmed it to control Bose and my system is back running. Except the remote. Weird, as it doesn't show any signs of impact etc. Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi a_marcu, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

As the IR remote isn't emitting any signal I would recommend that you reach out to our customer support team to seek a new remote. 

I am glad that we were able to locate the issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B