Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Cinemate 130 4K HDR compatibility

So I've got a strange issue, and honestly I don't know if it's my tv or my cinemate 130 system. I recently bought a PS4 pro, of which I also have PSVR with. The problem I'm having is it won't display on my tv unless the headset is turned on. It worked flawless on my old ps4 (I could turn the headset off and I wouldn't lose the display on my TV.) My tv is a 2019 Samsung 4k QLED of which I've been unable to find HDR settings mentioned a lot in my google seaches, which leaves me wondering if its my tv that's the issue. But I've also read you do not need an HDR compatible tv to run a PS4 pro. I've read up on the cinemate 130 and think i seen something about it not being 4k HDR compatible, but don't get why an audio system would prevent displaying PS4 pro normally but then do it while the VR headset is on. Seems confusing but if someone can make sence of this and come to a conclusion as to if I need to upgrade my Bose system, that'd be cool. Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cinemate 130 4K HDR compatibility

Author Accepted Answer selected by Prognosis_X

Hi @Prognosis_,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your new PS4 Pro connected to your Cinemate 130. I'll be more than happy to help you in any way that I can! 

You're right in the sense that the Cinemate 130 does not support 4K video. I'd recommend trying to plug you PS4 Pro directly into your TV. You can run an optical table from the TV to the console to make sure your audio comes through the Cinemate. I suspect that when you use the headset the video in the headset is taking priority and may reduce the resolution on your TV. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Prognosis_X

Hi @Prognosis_,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your new PS4 Pro connected to your Cinemate 130. I'll be more than happy to help you in any way that I can! 

You're right in the sense that the Cinemate 130 does not support 4K video. I'd recommend trying to plug you PS4 Pro directly into your TV. You can run an optical table from the TV to the console to make sure your audio comes through the Cinemate. I suspect that when you use the headset the video in the headset is taking priority and may reduce the resolution on your TV. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Thanks. Yeah that was the route I went and it'll work that way.