Highlighted
Teadoir
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Cinemate 130 Power On

I want to have my Cinemate automatically turn on and default to TV once my Samsung TV turns on.  I know there is a way to do this, can someone walk me thru the steps?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cinemate 130 Power On

Hello Teadoir, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I would love to assist you with this. 

I will need a little further information to assist you with this. 

Can you please inform me on how you have your Cinemate 130 connected to your TV?

Can you also inform me on what remote control you are using, the Bose Universal Remote or your Samsung TV remote?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Warm regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Teadoir
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Roku remote to turn on TV.  I have the Cinemate connected via HDMI.

Hello Teadoir, 

Thanks for confirming this information for us. 

I would recommend in using your Bose Universal Remote which came provided with the system, this will allow you to turn on and off the system with your TV through your HDMI connection. No setting changes are needed on your system to control it with a universal remote that sends IR (infrared) commands. The IR sensor on your system is located on the front, be sure it is not blocked so it can detect remote commands.

I'd suggest in checking whether or not your TV supports HDMI-CEC. CEC allows you to control multiple HDMI-connected sources without programming the remote. You can turn on/off CEC using the System menu. Your source may support CEC, but refer to it with a different name. Refer to your source owner’s guide for more information.
Connecting a CEC-enabled device with an HDMI cable will enable CEC control. Some devices require this feature to be turned on, and some devices have limited or no control

Please observe this Youtube video which will provide you with full instructions on how to program your remote to use your other connected devices. This will also provide you with instructions on how to do this alternatively if your TV does not support CEC. 

If you have any questions please do ask! 

Warm regards,

Tegan M 

Teadoir
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

I don’t want to use the Bose remote.  I know there is a way to do this without having to use the Bose remote as I’ve had help in the past.  I simply want the system to turn on when I turn my television on and off.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Mine is setup that way.

As long as you have the HDMI cable going from your ARC port in the TV to the TV port on your console you should be able to control everything with your Cinemate remote or your Samsung remote.

Ensure:

CEC turned on

External speaker selected in audio setting