Highlighted
Paul lamm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Cinemate 2 hook up

I have a Cinemate 2 and my TV is wall mounted. Want to hide the wires in the wall but cannot feed the avg connectors thru the wall. I do have two HDMI cables with male ends behind the wall.  Is there a way to connect the avg to hdmi behind the TV and then the HDMI to avg at the bass?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Cinemate 2 hook up

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the wires. I'll do all I can to help you! 

In regards to your query, I will need a little more information to accurately assist you! 

Can you explain what you mean by avg connectors? Do you mean the RCA connections from the interface model?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Paul lamm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

There are two serial connectors in the back of the floor bass unit. One for remote , other for speakers. I'm trying to connect remote and speaker connectors behind the TV to HDMI cables thru the wall to the floor bass unit. Then at the floor bass use adapters to go from HDMI to the serial connotes on the bass unit.15662472418284881806831712081271.jpg

Hi Paul lamm, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I am still unsure what you are attempting to do, could you please attach images of what you are attempting to connect the system to? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Paul lamm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

The remote unit and speakers are on the mantle under the TV. Currently I have to run the cables to the floor bass unit externally. 

But I have two HDMI cables run from behind the TV thru the wall to the floor. I want to connect the remote cable to one of the HDMI cables behind the TV. Then the other end of HDMI to the floor base unit. The same for the speaker connections.15663146011861478939082752317861.jpgSpeaker wires and remote wires

15663146801646325429749345300045.jpgHDMI c@bles thru wall behind tv

15663147768457603622859828322848.jpgHow do I connect the serial connector from remote/speakers to HDMI?

Hi Paul Iamm, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

This will not work as these are two completely different cables meaning they can't be connected together. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Paul lamm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

There are adapter cables. Thought you might suggest which to use.

Hi Paul Iamm, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us. 

I can't recommend any third party adapters unfortunately as I can't guarantee that any will work. Some members of the community may be able to recommend some adapters! 

I am sorry that I can't assist you further with this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B