pchamberlain1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Cinemate volume inconsistent

I have my Cinemate GS Series II hooked up directly to my Sharp Aquos (model LC-52LE83OU) via digital audio output port. TV sound is at 0, control sound through Bose and Bose remote only. Volume jumps all over the place. We'll be watching a show with dialogue at a normal volume, can hear everything and enjoy. Then, without touching the volume, in the same show, if there are explosions, or screams or gunfire the sound is head-splitting so we have to turn it down. Then back up for dialogue, then down for action, etc. This happens regardless of source (meaning, no matter what service we stream though, it happens) and regardless of type of show. We've been experiencing this consistently for at least the last two years, but we've had this exact same set up for years and it's only been a problem for the last two. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cinemate volume inconsistent

Hi pchamberlain1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having audio issues with your system and would love to assist you further! 

Firstly, I would highly recommend that you perform a reset on the system via: 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet
  • Disconnect the Interface Module from the Acoustimass Module. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the Interface Module
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

I would also recommend that you check your TV settings to ensure that nothing has changed with a TV system update causing this for example it may attempt to enhance certain noises. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other community members have had and resolved this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support