comet
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Companion 2 Series III vocals quality?

I recently purchased the Companion 2 Series III speakers and while the bass and midrange sounds great, and treble is so-so, vocals sound like mud which is too bad because I mostly bought these for movie watching on my computer and I can barely understand either speech or sung vocals.

Can anyone advise me on how to improve this problem?

I'm willing to accept that this might be a computer problem rather than a speaker issue. I'm using onboard sound on an older ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard. Could it be the motherboard is just too old? Or do I need a soundcard? Or do these speakers really just poor speakers for vocals?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: Companion 2 Series III vocals quality?

Hi Comet, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Although there are no adjustable tone controls on your system, we may be able to troubleshoot this. You may be able to adjust bass and treble controls on the computer itself, check the device menu for sound processing options and disable them. 

I would also suggest listening to audio through a variety of services and apps to see if you get any difference in the audio quality. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!