Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ind_781
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

Compatibility of soundtouch adapter 422921 with lifestyle 535 series 3

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Compatibility of soundtouch adapter 422921 with lifestyle 535 series 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by ind_781

@ind_781 Yes, the SoundTouch wireless link adapter does support AirPlay 2. As long as your adapter is running firmware version 24.0.8 or later, you can view THIS ARTICLE for steps on how to use it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Liam_G

Hello Ind_871, 

I see that you are wondering if the Soundtouch wireless Link adapter would be compatible with the Lifestyle 535 series 3. 

I can confirm that this device is compatible, the Soundtouch wireless Link comes with three different cables; optical, coaxial and RCA. All three that the lifestyle console supports. 
You will be able to use Bluetooth and the Soundtouch app through the wireless link adapter and be able to stream songs to your lifestyle system.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! 

I hope this helps. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@ind_781 wrote:

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

You should know that there are a couple of models out there. If you have a SoundTouch compatible AV35 receiver, you should look into the version specifically designed to work with it.

I have copied what I wrote in another post and added some images to help you see the difference between the two:

2013-2016: SoundTouch/WiFi multi-room (You need the external adapter for wifi)

1. There are two generations of the adapter. The SoundTouch Series II wireless adapter includes Bluetooth, but neither feature AirPlay
    SoundTouch wireless adapterSoundTouch wireless adapter
  2. FYI. Bose sold another item called the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. This has a confusingly similar name but is not designed specifically for Bose SoundTouch receivers.
    SoundTouch Wireless Link adapterSoundTouch Wireless Link adapter

I hope that this helps you in your search. Let us know what you end up getting 🙂

ind_781
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

Thank you for such detailed answer. Just one question - does the link adapter support airplay ? if it does not, how can i enable airplay in my 535 series 3 system ? 

Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by ind_781

@ind_781 Yes, the SoundTouch wireless link adapter does support AirPlay 2. As long as your adapter is running firmware version 24.0.8 or later, you can view THIS ARTICLE for steps on how to use it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@ind_781 wrote:

Thank you for such detailed answer. Just one question - does the link adapter support airplay ? if it does not, how can i enable airplay in my 535 series 3 system ? 

If you are referring to the SoundTouch adapter that looks like this, then yes:

SoundTouch Wireless Link adapterSoundTouch Wireless Link adapter

If you are referring to the SoundTouch adapter (even the Bluetooth one) that is designed specifically to work with your AV35 and looks like this, then no:

SoundTouch wireless adapterSoundTouch wireless adapter

If you are using this with your TV, might I suggest that you purchase an AppleTV as that will include Airplay for both Audio & Video.

ind_781
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

thank you so much