Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Compatibility

Is the AV18 Media Center compatible with the Accoustimas 9? Seems it may only require a different harness?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Compatibility

Hey @clartech,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

The AV18 media center would not be compatible with the Acoustimass 9!

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Thanks for the quick reply.

The bass on the AV18/PS28 111 is not as nice as my older Lifestyle 5 /accoustimas 9. My Lifestyle 5 receiver is toast and I'm trying to duplicate the sound with this newer PS system.

Is there a way to enhance this with added equipment? I've already adjusted bass settings.

Highlighted

There wouldn't be any way to add any other equipment to the system you have that could effect the bass response you are getting.

As you have already been and adjusted the bass level, have you also run AdaptIQ on the console? If not then this would definitely be worth doing to make sure you are getting the best out of the system. This can be done by following these steps:

1. On the system console, insert disc 1 of the ADAPTiQ audio calibration kit.
  2. On the remote control, press the CD-DVD button.
  3. When prompted, remove disc 1 and insert disc 2.
  4. When prompted, connect the ADAPTiQ headset to the Audio IN jacks in the AUX section on the back of the system console. (If a device is connected to AUX, disconnect it until calibration is complete)
  5. Put the ADAPTiQ headset on your head. (Be sure the L and R letters on the headset are above your left and right ears)
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete calibration.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Thanks again for the help. I did set up using ADAPTIQ. I need to accept this system will not have the bass as a 9 does. I'm guessing there must be a way to add an additional bass somehow.

Are there repair facilities near MN you can recommend for the Lifestyle 5 /Accoustimass 9?