Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Connecting Bose 321 to LG OLED tv via Optical

Attempting to reconnect our OLED tv (LG) to our (old) 321 system.  We have the optical cable connected, but obviously that only works for audio, so we can't see the menu on the TV to program it appropriately. We've had it connected this way before, but after having to remove and reinstall the TV it won't reconnect. Any suggestions or help much appreciated!!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Bose 321 to LG OLED tv via Optical

Hello Jmdclark, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the setup of your Bose 321 system. I'd be happy to help you today.

Before we move forward, can you please head to this website first, enter the product's serial number, then confirm what the system is identified as? There were a few 321 systems released so it'd be good for us to know exactly which model we are troubleshooting. 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Hi Jeff,

When I attempt to enter my serial number, [Edited by Moderator], it tells me it's invalid... please feel free to contact me directly via my profile information if that would be more helpful.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You probably need a composite video to HDMI adapter.  Check Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Blue-Ray/dp/B01EHL1JXE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid... 

Highlighted

Hi Jmdclark,

Thank you for this information! 

I would recommend trying the adaptor as suggested by @Xyz987

You will need to double check your TV audio settings as well to make sure the TV is outputting to the correct place. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Did you reinstall a 321 Video Out to the new OLED Video In? This would enable you to see and navigate the 321 setup menus for troubleshooting and adjustments.