Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Connecting Bose V35 to New Samsung Qled 4K

Hi, 

This is my first post here and I am hoping to get some tech help. 

I have 8 year old Bose V35 home theatre system and 1 month old Samsung qled 4k smart tv. what is the best way to get TV audio on Bose V35?

Samsung has some HDMI-ARC port, but I don’t see any ARC port on Bose V35. Samsung also has optical port, but I read optical quality isn’t great as with hdmi port. 

I have attached 2 photos below. Pic 1) Samsung TV connection box , Pic 2) Bose V35 rear 

many thanks 

Dave 

2F244E0B-4B9D-4797-8EF0-3AE4AAFBB46C.jpeg

8D34C6AE-6BA3-46D5-A5AA-77C5874D06B7.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Bose V35 to New Samsung Qled 4K

Author Accepted Answer selected by DaveBa

Hi DaveBa,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

The best way to get the audio from your TV to the V35 will be using the optical connection. 

The reason you will have seen people recommending HDMI-ARC over optical, is that ARC is capable of supporting some more modern and lossless formats. However, all the audio formats supported by the V35 are also supported by optical so you will still be getting the best possible audio quality from this connection!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by DaveBa

Hi DaveBa,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

The best way to get the audio from your TV to the V35 will be using the optical connection. 

The reason you will have seen people recommending HDMI-ARC over optical, is that ARC is capable of supporting some more modern and lossless formats. However, all the audio formats supported by the V35 are also supported by optical so you will still be getting the best possible audio quality from this connection!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Hi Keith, Many thanks for your help. I will be using optical connection now. 

dave